Chapter 79 : Her Comfort

Ivanna

"No!" I whispered to myself in disbelief, my entire body felt like it was frozen on the spot.

It's not possible. I feel sweat forming all over my forehead and goosebumps all over my body. It can't be true.

Adrian!

He can't be. In just a single moment, All the flash back of that night rewinds in front of my eyes. I shiver, gasp and sweat, grabbing the pillar next to me.

"Okay, that's fine. I'm coming over there," he adds.
I gulp, frowning and looking behind.

Adrian is on a call.

Sigh!

But my heart doesn't stop beating faster as I fund him still staring at me while speaking.

"No problem. Now, I'm here. That doesn't matter if you waited or not. I'll fix everything"

Our eyes are connected and I can't even breathe properly. It feels like he's talking to me. Those words stings directly in my heart.

"Okay, Jacob. hanging up now"

I move and rush away immediately, running as fast as I can.

It's impossible. He was on call. He wasn't saying all that to me. Why am I feeling like that?

With my shaking heart, I reach the exit and find Christian's car over there. I realise he must be around and I should not panic.

"Chris," I call him as my voice shivers.

He doesn't respond. I strive to open the door of the car but it's locked I look around in anticipation.

I'm not feeling well suddenly. Everything seems to be so weird and messed up. My heart feels heavy with the old thoughts.

"Chris!" My voice breaks, I try to hold back my tears.

"Mrs Scott missed me so much, huh!" He speaks from behind.

I trun around, to find him with a wide smile on his face and a big bouquet of red roses. My eyes glimmer at the blood red petals peeking out.

"For you," he smiles lovingly as I take it with shivering hands.

No one ever gave me such beautiful roses and I don't even know how it feels. I feel like crying more.

"I was roaming around the alley and found a shop. There was a granny who was selling these flowers. And as my generous wife always tries to buy from smaller shops I thought to help the granny and make my wife proud," he touches the tip of my nose with a beautiful smile.

I paused staring at him for a while.

"What?" He asks. "Don't tell me you hate red. These are the first roses I'm giving you."

I say nothing and fling myself in his arms, getting on my toes. I wrap my hands around his neck tightly as he leans a bit so I don't need to struggle. He spirals his hand around my waist he lifts me. I bury my face into his neck, breathing heavily.

I feel so left out suddenly that I need to hold him and look for my favourite comfort.

"Hey," he exclaims. "What happened?"

Christian

I get stunned by her action. She doesn't seem alright.

She's not well. I know.

I caress her hair, hugging her tightly as she wants.

"What happened, baby? Are you okay?"
She nods. However, I don't believe she's fine. Whenever she comes into my arms, being this silent, that means she's not okay at all.