Chapter 40 :I'm the same Man

Christian

I panic, rushing out of the room and calling out all the guards and servants. Chaos occurs all around the villa as they search for her in the entire villa.
My head pounds with unfavorable thoughts. She was so furious and hurt. On top of that, I behaved the worst with her today. I wonder where she's at this hour, alone! Is she alright?

"Damn it, Iv. Why are you always so impatient and stubborn?" I groan to myself.

"She's nowhere," I hear it for the third time from the third person. Every guard has the same to say.
But she can't escape so many eyes. She can't leave so easily. I rush back to the room, search it carefully. She has a habit of hiding from me even though she knows she can't escape.

I get inside without making a noise, And that's when I hear hear her sobs in a low to e. I sigh and reach the closet. The sound is coming from inside the walk-in closet and she's here. The fucking thing is she's crying.

I press my lips harder to swallo down the frustration and open the closet. She is sitting on the bottom shelf, gathering herself in a corner while crying and shivering, her face is covered with her hair.

"Iv," I call her but she doesn't respond.

Taking the phone I called "I found her,"

And I put it back, kneeling in front of her.

Now, I can see her swollen face clearly. It has turned blood red, her eyes looked two times fluffier. I wonder how many hours she cried. It freaks the hell out of me

I strive to touch her face but she looks away.

"Iv," I sniff. "I'm sorry I shouted at you. Come out and eat something,"

She doesn't reply

"I told you not to vent your anger on your food. Just come out and eat. You can show this anger later," I hold her arm.

"Don't touch me," she screams, jerking her hand from my hold and glaring at me.

"Iv," I crawl next to her. "I said I'm sorry. I'm being considerate enough, so don't force me to lose it again"

Her furious face fills with darkness of terror as she mumbles, shaking her head.

"I don't wanna. Let me go. Release my sister," she weeps.

"You know I can't do that. I can't stay without you," I tell her. "And I know you can't stay without me either. You don't realise it now"

"I can. I don't want to stay with a liar," she screams, glaring at me and immediately seals her mouth in fear

I let out a deep sigh and ran my fingers into my hair.

"I wanna talk to dad," she sobs, making a tiny face.

"So, you can fill your tiny head again?" I shrug

"Why aren't you letting me talk to my dad? That means I still have many things to know. And you're scared that I'll know everything, right? How can you?" She whimpers.

"Come out, Iv. Or do you want me to use another way?"

Her face curls up as she stammers, "I wanna talk to dad. I'll only come out and eat if you let me talk to him"

This girl is impossible. She knows how to get her work done.

"Fine. Come out"

She gawks at me in disbelief and I don't think I can wait much. I slide my hands inside and take her out in my arms, like always. I carry her to the bed and settle her properly, calling out Mrs Fisher.

"I wanna talk first," she gazed at me

"You'll be eating first"

She lowers her head without arguing. Mrs Fisher comes with the food and I feed her properly. She doesn't speak to me, nor does she argue. As I finish feeding her, she grabs her phone and unwillingly I snatch it from her. Her eyes widen at me.

"You said I can talk if I eat."

"Yes, but I have a better offer for you. I'll leave her in two conditions," I say.

"You can't twist your words now," she exclaims.

"I can," I lean closer to her. "I'll let Irene go, only if you promise to stay with me. You can't leave me ever, not even after you pay the debt. The contract will no longer exist. You won't try to contact your parents and I'll let them live peacefully "

Her devastated eyes linger on me in shock as if she never expected this from me. Her pretty big eyes ooze again as she nods.

She accepted it so easily without a fighting back, without arguing ? This disturbs me. I get on bed leaning more into her as she squirms underneath me, still sobbing slowly. I slide one hand under her back and scoop her in my arms. Her eyes fill with panic and shivers.

I don't know what's happening inside her. One moment, she behaves the same as she used to behave with me, rebellious and bold. And the next moment, she realises something and shivers like a frightened kitten.

"What's happening, Iv? Tell me," I softly touch her chin as she shivers, ignoring eye contact with me.
I don't know how many things Irene has told her and she may have gotten affected by them. It freaks me out when she isn't herself, when she is terrified and vulnerable.

"Look at me," I whisper, touching her chin, darting my eyes at her. "I'm not even in silent anger mode now. look at me, Iv"

She finally lifted her face, meeting my eyes.

"I'm not fake, Iv. I'm the same man you know," I urge. "You don't need to get scared. I'm your Chris"

As I lean closer to her lips she puts her hand between. I kiss her hand and push my face down along with her palm and the back of her hand. I hold her wrist  gently and slid it from between our lips. Soon as it's nudged away, my lips land 9n hers. She doesn't resist. She doesn't respond. I know she's angry, she's hurt and it won't be easy to convince her.

I kiss her with everything I have and pull back after a long kiss. She is still looking away as I stare at her and wait for her to react. My fingers crawl up to her cheek as she closes her eyes. I guess she's tired because of crying continuously for hours.

Turning her around , I hug her from behind, our most comfortable position to sleep.

"You're a liar," she hisses under her breath in a hurtful tone.

"I am. And the truth is I got married to you because I wanted you, Iv. I want you in my life, Forever." I dig my face into her her hair and kiss her neck, knowing this confession will make her hate me even more.