Chapter 37 : The outhouse secret

Ivanna

I roll on the bed, taking a few seconds break I can finally start for the day. Lying on my stomach, I hug the blanket and a smile rips on my face. The flashes of the entire day we spent yesterday came to me.

"Get my clothes changed"

Damn!

As soon as I recall the exact words I told him last night, I jump off the bed. My eyes directly go down to my clothes. These aren't the same I was wearing last night. I hit my head because of my stupidity.

What the hell have I done?

I cover my face with embarrassment. How can I ask him to do this ? What he must be thinking about me now? Gosh! I feel like crying because I can't even be angry with him. I was the one to say this. But he knew I was drunk, right? How could he?

I feel like hitting my head against the wall. In frustration, I grab his pillow and slam it against the wall and that's when my eyes land on the note sticking on the bed.

I immediately took it.

"There's no need to panic if you recall something. Mrs Fisher changed your clothes. Not me. By the way, good morning and have a good day"

I don't know how to react but I just stare at the note. Blissful feeling twinge inside me,making me smile even wider. Even though I panicked for a while, a part of me knew he would never do that, no matter how much I insisted because I was drunk. He had so many opportunities but he never took advantage of the situation.

Still lingering in the muse of last night, I collect my clothes and go for a shower. As the warm water splashes over me, I close my eyes and try not to smile. I can't stop smiling when each second of yesterday teases me from the core.

What's happening to me?

I think I'm losing myself in him and I can't help thinking about him every single second.

*

When I come out of the washroom, my eyes open wide at the walls behind the bed and the right side. After waking up, I didn't look around and went straight to the washroom. My eyes immediately catch the sight as I come out.

There's a big photograph on the same wall where the wedding photograph was located. It's replaced with one of the pictures we had yesterday. And the wall on the right side has all the picture with small frames, covering the entire wall. How does he manage to do things so fast?

It's the same picture with me smiling at the camera and him smiling while starting at me. I push my legs to walk towards the photograph. I look at myself in the picture, smiling my heart as if I'm the happiest girl on this planet. And I watch him looking at me. I knew he stared at me a lot but I could never see how intense his gaze was at me.

"What are you doing yo me, Mr Alien?" I mumble, looking at him in the picture.

*

"Find someone who looks at you the way Christian Scott looks at his wife," Emily says, giggling at the picture I just showed her.
I say nothing and smile silently as my cheeks burn.

Christian had sent me a file on my phone before leaving which has all the soft copies. Emily was really curious to know what we did yesterday and I ended up showing her our pictures after the class.

Stella has left for a date with her boyfriend which makes it easy for me to talk. I'm a kind of superstitious girl and I hate to show off my happiness or my life because I believe in evil eyes. That's the reason I always stay away from the limelight and prefer to be low key. But Emily is the only person I can share everything with and obviously Irene. I wonder where my sister is.