Chapter 54 : Away from the world

Kane

"We need to divide the staff into a few corps for further progress. There should be a change in the entire system," I say making a column on the processor.

"It's gonna be a lengthy process, sir" Nicole says from behind.

"But we don't have an option left. Christian is finally acting like a boss-- leaving anywhere, anytime and dumping all his work on his employees. So, basically the Boss is the family man now and he can't be the same as before." I can't help laughing

"That's true. I can't believe he used to leave work only for six hours of sleep," Nicole adds

"Better for you also, right?"

"Yeah, obviously. Anyways, since we were asked to interview a set of new employees, we have hired five of them in different posts and you have gotten a personal assistant " she says.

I frown and turn back at her. "Personal assistant for me? You know I don't trust people with my schedule and work. I prefer doing it all myself"

"Ummm-- but sir, you might want one now because you're doing fifty percent of extra work nowadays. Besides, if you take charge of the newly divided corp, you will definitely need one"

I sigh. Her explanation is right but I wonder if anyone can handle my work load.

"Do you think the employee is good enough to take the load because I'm not gonna slow down my pace for her? Either she'll work keeping up with me, or else she'll be fired," I said.

"Well, sir-- "

"Fired? Even before I started working-- " a girly voice buzzes right next to me and I frown looking at her.

A girl in all black formal is standing by the door, gawking at us with her devastated eyes. I have seen her somewhere. But I really can't recall it. She squirms as soon as I shoot her a glare for being so loud near my cabin.

"Umm-- I'm sorry," she stammered. "But who talks about firing employees even before hiring them"

"Is this how you start your conversation with your boss, Miss?"

She is left dumbfounded, and I can say this girl is going to give me a tough time.

"Forget the past. Here's the present. Good morning, sir. May I come in?" She rants in a breath, I glare at Nicole.

How the hell does she think this girl can be my assistant?

"Sir, she has potential. Maybe, she's nervous" Nicole says.

"I'll see her potential later. Now, I'm running out of time."

Nicole immediately rushes out of the cabin. I have divided the ongoing projects that Christian is handling and taken a few on myself.

I call up my team in the conference room in ten minutes and start gathering the essentials for the meeting.

"It's Emily Kevin Benson. I'm from-- "

"Take this," I passed her a notepad, darting my eyes on the screen. "You have ten minutes before the meeting starts. Dial these numbers and fix my appointment with each of the dealers. Make sure all the appointments come together in three days. Not more than that"

"12 contact numbers and 10 minutes?" I hear her exclaiming.

"You have already wasted 20 seconds, Miss, Do it fast," I groan

"Grouch!" I hear her babbling in a low tone.
I bet she's not gonna survive a day over here and resign.

Ivanna

We have ridden a long way from the city. The ride is fun beside the large hilltop. It's a bit colder over here, fog covering the sight.

"Are you feeling cold?" Christian breaks the silence while taking a turn near the hillside.

"No, it's fine," I mumble

"You're rubbing your hands over my shirt, Mrs Scott. It's visible that you're freezing"

"I'm not freezing but it's fun to tease you," I giggle.

"Ah!! I see. But it's not easy to tease me. I'm still not hard"

"You're shameless, Chris. Seriously! You don't even see the time and place"

I can feel him laughing. He's impossible.

"Do I need to?"

"I can't with you, seriously," I shrug. "Where are we going? I think we're already far away from the city"

"There's a surprise," he chuckles. "Or you can say I'm kidnapping you away from your boring grumpy husband for a while."

I can't stop blushing and it feels good when he's in this form-- something different from his regular Christian Scott attitude. Whenever I find him on his bike waiting for me near the campus, wearing a pair of jeans a shirt and a jacket, I find it easier to be with him. It feels like he's just like a common person with a random background just like me. And we're enjoying the beautiful dating life.

A life I have always wished for-- not one where I would have a rich husband who would provide me with everything except time and effort.

"I'd love to be kidnapped," I say, moving my lips near his ear.

Damn! What's he doing to me?

*

"Here we are, Mrs Scott" Christian parks the bike near a valley where i can only see hulls and an open meadow for miles. Just in the middle of the valley, there's a little cottage.

As soon as I climb down the bike, two women come rushing towards us. They hand us jackets and a guard comes to park the bike.

"So, there's not a single place where you don't have so many people around to help you?" I glare at him.

"It's a tough not to have them. Who will take care of other things out here when we will be spending time together," he winks at me.

*

We didn't go to the cottage first and walk towards the hilltop, surrounded by only fog. The scenery is beautiful, far more peaceful than the city. I have never known this valley belongs to Christian when I heard about it before.

"My father and I used to come here on summer vacation" he says, standing next to me as I take the complete view of the fog covered surrounding.

"It's beautiful" I whisper and walk near the edge carefully.

"Indeed, it is," he says from behind.

"I wish I could stay here forever," I mumble to myself.

"By the way, Mrs Scott," I can hear his voice coming closer. "Do you believe that you shouldn't come to such places-- away from everyone with a person you just met a couple of months ago? Who's standing so close behind you-- and you're standing at the edge of a hill"

His voice sharpens as my heart twists abruptly with his words. Why is he sounding so different suddenly?

As I turn to look at him, I feel a massive force against my shoulder and my entire world shakes in just a single second.