Chapter 87 : Departure

Christian

I smile while looking at the luggage, perfectly packed with everything I may need. She hasn't missed a single thing and I don't think I'm gonna need anything else. She has sworn to make me conscious about spending money as she does.

I look at her sleeping peacefully. She has just an hour before though she told me she wasn't gonna sleep and stay awake until I leave. We talked for two long hours but the tired soul had enough and fell asleep in my arms.

I'm gonna miss her so much, especially the way she sleeps comfortably in my arms every night. I kneel beside her and kiss her forehead.

"What's the time?" She mumbles, squirming inside, her eyes are still closed.

"It's still 3," I said

"Wake me up before you leave," she murmurs and dozed off again.

This woman is a keeper. She has been putting efforts into this relationship from the very first day. No matter how I messed things up, she never stopped doing her best as a wife. Her dedication towards this uncalled and unexpected marriage makes me fall for her even more.

She's indeed the best wife in the whole world.

I peck on her lips softly and then grab my luggage walking downstairs. Mrs Fisher and Colton are already in the living room.

"Your tickets," Colton immediately handed me all the essentials and I passed him my luggage.

"Load it in the vehicle," I say

Colton gawks at me and then at the luggage while Mrs Fisher holds her laughter back.

"What?" I roll my eyes.

"Nothing," Colton stammers and smiles nervously. "You don't carry luggage so--- "

"Guess what? I don't have an option except to obey," I sigh

This time Colton also presses his lips trying hard to control his laughter.

Why don't they just laugh it out?

Did I ever obey anyone? Did anyone ever scare me the way she does just by glaring?

I laugh at myself sometimes.

"Okay, fine." I clear my throat, trying to save my leftover reputation and shoot them a glare. "You guys know what you'll have to do, right?"

They nod and I get to Ethan.

"Stay with Ivanna 24/7 just like always. Don't leave her alone. And if there's any issue. Call up Colton first, then call me. Because I can't do anything right away but he can"

"Sure"

The last time I left the city, I was not so concerned about her but this time I don't know why her behaviour concerns me. I wish I could cancel this but it's important so I must leave.

My phone buzzes.

"Yes, Kane." I answer

"Are you leaving already?" He asks.

"Yeah. In a while," I say, looking at my watch.

"Does Ivanna know you're going to Dallas?"

"No. I hope after coming back I can tell her everything," I say.

"Hey!" Ivanna's voice comes from behind, I immediately turn around.

She's huffing, it's like she has run from the room till here. Her eyes are swollen red because of only one hour of sleep. She still looks burnt out.

Before I can ask her anything, she storms towards me and jumps into my arms. I wrap my arms around her as she straddles me, wrapping her legs around my waist.