Chapter 48 : I miss him

Ivanna

I feel the most familiar and softest touch on my cheek along with the morning sun plunging on me.

"Good morning, beautiful," Christian whispers near my ears as his warm breath fans against my skin.

My lips twitch into a smile. I feel a sharp pain down there. The pleasure I had last night is still raw and fresh inside me. I open my eyes, to see his handsome face closer to me.

We are still tangled together under the sheets.
Reality strikes me and my smile fades away.

The flashes of last night hit my head, making me realise what the fuck we did done last night. I suddenly got up, leaving him surprised but I don't exactly care about what reaction he's giving. I wanna be sure.

I hope I'm dreaming.

Or I hope I was drunk last night to wonder about such nonsense. My eyes roam across the room, to see our clothes scattered on the floor and I feel  nothing on my body.

Nothing!

I cover my face with both hands, gulping down the blunder.

"Iv, what's wrong?" I hear Christian blurting out. But I don't reply.

"Ivanna, I'm talking to you? Why are you rafting like this?"

I slide my hands down and breathe heavily as my eyes burn. I don't know what possessed me last night. I had been a desperate bitch to get fucked by him. God!

"You're literally scaring me now," he sits up near me. I can feel him looking at me. "Your reactions are giving me a terrible vibe. And for god's sake don't tell me that you are regretting what we had last night."

I have no answer for his question. Wrapping the quilt around my body. I climb down the bed and rush towards the washroom. Before I can escape, Christian blocks my path, keeping his stern gaze on me.

He grabs my arms and pulls me closer to him.

"Christian!" I avoid eye contact with him. " What are you doing? Leave me"

"What are you doing, Iv? This isn't how I wanted this morning to be. I thought it would be different," his voice is calm but harsh.

"It's indeed different. I never imagined it would be like this," I gawk at him as my voice breaks.

"Iv, this is going too wrong now. You're making me feel like a culprit. I asked you again and again if you wanted it and now you're acting like I literally forced myself on you," he seethes, clutching my arms tightly that it makes me hiss.

"Christian, please. I don't wanna talk about it," I groan, struggling in his arms.

"You'll have to," he gasps under his breath. "You can't just escape by doing this to my sentiments "

"And what about you?" I glare right into his eyes. "It was not the way I wanted answers, but you chose this way to sort out things between us? You didn't tell me what the fuck were you doing in that damn room? Why did you lie to me? What are you hiding from me? Nothing"

"You're still there?" His ruddy eyes blaze at me as he tightens his hold.

"Yes, I am. Because I don't believe in sorting out things with sex. I believe in words. I believe in explanation. And you thought you could easily convince me of this?" I spit out in anger.

A moment of silence occurs between us when all I can hear is his heavy breathing and all I can see is his dark eyes, his jaw clenches and his entire body is shivering. I feel the anger building under his skin which causes me to build my anticipation.