Chapter 101 : Teasing back; Confrontation

Ivanna

"Yeah. I'm doing fine," I reply to Emily on the call. "But you're not sounding well today"

"No! I'm just tired" she says and I can't really believe it by her tone. No matter how tired she is, she can't sound so low.

I squirm on the bed, taking a look at the clock.

"Then why are you still at work? Go home. You have classes tomorrow," I tell her.

"Yeah. I will"

"Is everything alright, Emily? I don't think you're okay," I gasp.

She goes completely silent as If she's confused whether she should tell me or not.

"I think I'm a daydreamer," she mutters.

"Well, you're not. You're just too easy going and honest about everything. You understand your feelings too fast. And that's really good," I tell her, wondering what's wrong with her.

"But this makes me embarrassed every time," it seems like she's gonna cry.

"Hey, Emily. Listen to me. You shouldn't be embarrassed for what you are. It's quality. What happened? Tell me"

"Nothing. It's silly. And you'll laugh at me," she says. "Definitely anyone will laugh. I just had a break up two months ago"

"Is it about Kane?" I ask straight. She goes silent again. "You like him?"

"I don't know," she mumbles.

I don't know if I should be happy or worried about her.

"That doesn't matter," she adds. "Take care, Ivanna. I'm hanging up"

"Emily, liste--- "

Before I can complete she disconnected the call.

I let out a deep sigh. Why are relationships so freaking complicated? I think I should talk to Emily in person because she seems to be really confused about her feelings for Kane. I would let it go if it was her random way of having dozense of crushes. But it's different.

I look up to the sound of door opening, to find Christian. Leaning against the door frame, he gives me a wry smile as he stares at me mischievously.

I frown at him, wondering what's going on in his head. He's definitely up to something, after what I did to him in the afternoon.

"Good evening, Mrs Scott" he says, walking inside.

"Good evening," I say, eyeing his reactions carefully

He comes closer to me on the bed, keeping the smirk on while opening his watch as usual. His gaze doesn't allow me to look away anywhere else but at him.

While grinning, he leans over to me as I nervously squirm behind, nibbling my lip to hold my blush back. He leans closer and closer as I push myself back, expecting his attack on my lips. I can feel his breath fanning me so close.

However, he just shoves the watch and wallet on the bedside table and pushes himself back and stands straight.

What the f---

That's so freaking embarrassing.

My mouth falls open at him as he turns back and walk inside the walk in closet.

Anger settles down in my head as I grit my teeth at him. What's he trying to do? I thought he was literally gonna strike me after coming back. But like this?

Leaving me annoyed, he gets inside the washroom.

I hate it.

*