Chapter 25: The Adorable liar

Christian

I can't believe that this girl has changed the entire structure of my staff. More than that, it pissed me off when she folds her lips, twitches her lips, presses her lips, moves her lips to talk, bites her lips when her lips shiver. Everything she is doing with them. I fucking want her lips!

I think I'm high on the kiss she gave me a while ago. It's fucking with my mind.

"Stop glaring at me," Ivanna scoffs, crossing her arms. "I had so many things to do. So, I asked them to help. Did I do something wrong?" She looks at Colton and Kane who are standing like statues, nervously looking at me.

"Don't look at him. Look at me and tell me if I did wrong," she yells.

"No!"

"No!"

Both of them blurted out, not meeting my eyes anymore. I roll my eyes at their actions.

"See!" She shrugs at me.

"You're impossible," I groan.

"We'll, Christian. I had something important about the new office. Are you coming? Do you have some important work here?"

"Yeah, I was about to reach there. And I indeed have important work here," I glance at her, as her tensed eyes are looking at me. "I'll complete that later,"

She gawked at me, wriggling her face as I walked out with Kane and Colton following me.

*

"You love her?" Kane's voice halts me near the car as I turn around while frowning.

He chuckles,"we're not at work yet. I can ask you"

"What made you so curious about it?" I ask. "She's evil"

"I'm not asking how she is. I'm asking If you love her," he gets inside the car after me as Ethan comes running from the apartment after doing his task as Gardner.

"Sorry, sir." He panicked, getting inside.

"First answer me. What made you ask such a question?" I groan.

"We'll, you have literally invested millions overnight to shift the company, compensate people who couldn't move with us, providing cabins to the employees in Texas just because Ivanna wanted to come here. Then she just said once to stay in her apartment and you agreed. You could have easily turned her down. I have never seen you doing something out of your benefit," he says

I say nothing but smile, looking out of the window
"Did you see her smile?" I ask out of nowhere.

"Yeah, seems like she's really happy. I have seen her happy for the first time," Kane replies.

I look at the city, wondering what's there in this city that makes her so happy. "Don't you think that smile was enough of benefit for me?"

"That means you love her?" He almost screamed as I shot him a glare.

His face drains right away. "Don't give me looks. I was just assuming. You didn't do so much for Irene in eight months of dating"

"She was not my wife," I say, keeping my eyes outside.

"Are you valuing the person or the relationship tag?"

"I don't know "

"You're too complicated to understand. I could never understand why you suddenly decided to marry Irene. And then you gave a proposal to Ivanna the same day without thinking twice. You never explained it to me, Christian." He seems to be annoyed.

"Kane, I think we should talk about work now, you know I hate talking about the past," I tell him

"Yeah, right," he frowns. "Nowadays, I feel more like a manger rather than your friend"