Chapter 78 : Glimpse of past

Emily

"Miss Benson, I apologise for leaving without letting you know and I hope you won't face any problem regarding the lock. The key must be somewhere around. Thanks for your hospitality. You don't need to attend the office until I come back. I'll let you know once I'm back. And take care."

I have read this note more than ten times since I found it on the table. My morning started differently on the couch today. When I woke up, I almost panicked about Kane, thinking he might have fallen asleep too and missed his flight.

However, he was already gone. I panicked again thinking about the lock but he was too smart to manage to get out of here. The most surprising thing was the blanket.

I didn't know my grouch boss would be so kind to leave the blanket over me when I was fast asleep.

The thought of my foolishness makes me embarrassed too. I'm dumb to utter all the nonsense and I didn't even know what he was thinking about me now.

Nonetheless, he's just like any other food looking man I crush over every single day. That's it. Still, there's something more attractive about him which I hardly found in any other man--- even not in Ryan.

Kane Gabriel is definitely among those few men left in this world who know how to respect a woman and her dignity. He can be a grouch. still, he's a true gentleman.

I smile, writing all those words in my journal with a sigh.

I have an old habit of writing about momentous people and moments in my journal. Not everyone can easily get access to my pages. He made it which I thought he would never.

I dumped my old journal which I used last year, filled with only about my stupid ass Ex.

Today, I spent the entire day writing about my mom, dad, my brother Samuel, my lifeline, my granny, my bestie Ivanna and Christian, the aunty next door and at the end Kane.

After finishing his page, I stick the note he wrote and closed the journal. When I look out of the window, the sun peaks at the horizon, making the sky blush harder.

Sleeping into my tiny balcony. I inhale the cold air.
I feel better today. After a while damn month.
Maybe, I know the reason.

I have always been talkative about everything and I loved sharing things with people but this heartbreak was crucial.

To whom would I share this? My parents, who were already tense about me? My stupid friend Reina could only think I'm not eventually hurt? Or Ivanna who is already messed up with her own life?

In short, I never talked about my ugly breakup with anyone, nor did anyone find me in such a crucial situation the way Kane did. And I had to let out my emotions, though I held it back as much as I could.

It feels better now.

My heart doesn't feel heavy anymore.

People say it's hard to move on. But I needed only one moment to move on. When the person gives you a solid reason to unlove, it can be stupidity not to move on.

"Thanks for making it easy for me to forget you properly, Ryan. At least, now I know I didn't make a mistake by walking away," I sigh, thinking of that guy for the last time.

It's time to buck up.

Ivanna

"Who's that?" Christian scoffs, making a dirty face.

"My boss," I muttered, wondering why he was calling me on the weekend.

"I hate to think of someone as your boss. I mean seriously they order you"