Chapter 52 : Make her fall in love

Ivanna

The warm and bright morning sun rays disturb my sleep, I stir on the bed with a soreness in between my legs. I love this feeling in the morning. It's not like I didn't live it that morning-- I did but messed up the entire thing.

I open my eyes with a wide smile hoping to see Christian's eyes on me. But, to my surprise, he is half laid next to me resting his back to the headrest of the bed and his eyes are glued to his phone instead of me.

Seriously!!

Wasn't he looking at me that morning until I woke up? Or was it only for the first time? Now, I'll have to get used to it? I frown, gritting my teeth. He doesn't even realise that I was awake. I deliberately move on the bed to get his attention.
And it works. He glanced at me for a second.

"Hey, good morning," he says, doing something on his damn phone again.

"Good morning," I groan, wondering what the fuck is he doing in his phone when we were still in bed like this.

"I think you're too early," he says. "Why don't you sleep some more? We slept late last night"

Yeah! Saying this without a damn reaction on his face as if nothing happened. I'm freaking out here.

"No, I'm done." I shrug, hoping that he will notice my tone, at least.

But he can't stop surfing his phone.

Frustrated, I sit up on the bed and snatch his phone, tossing it aside. I directly crawl into his lap inside the blanket, resting my head on his chest. His arms come around wrapping me tightly.

His fingers trace up to my cheek, slowly tucking my hair behind my ear. I look up to see him smiling at me.

"Slept well," he asks.

"This is not how I wanted this morning to be," I scowl at him, Reminding him what he said to me.
His lips twitch into a playful smile.

"You're not playing the tit for tat with me, are you?"

"You can say that," he giggles

"You're so cruel," I scoff, leaning on his chest again. "Get rid of this damn phone when I'm near you. I hate it"

He hugs me pulling me closer and places a kiss on my forehead.

"I was looking at you until you moved to wake up," he cracks up. "Do you think I can Focus on anything when I have a beautiful wife next to me"

My cheeks must have turned red. He knows so well how to flatter me or else I can say he knows how to compliment me. The past few days were crucial and his arrival was a surprise. I don't feel like leaving him and it makes me feel dumb.

How can I be so dependent on someone? After mom's death I had learnt to be independent, not just financially but mentally also. I didn't care how many people stayed and how many left. I never even missed Mr. Nightingale the entire year, as much as I missed Christian in a single week. I stayed away from my dad for three years but it was easy. In fact, it's been two months since I have even talked to him.

I wonder how and when Christian became so important to me.

"Are you going to stay like this today?" Christian asks, breaking the silence.

"Do you have a problem if I keep occupying your lap?"

"No, it's yours After all." He chuckles

It goes silent for a long moment.

"Don't leave me like this ever again. Please," I urge.

"I won't"

He tights his hold around me and I feel my body heating up. Lifting my head, I spot his intense gaze lingering on me. I straddle onto his lap, when I start to sit down facing him, my nipples brush his lips, a shive runs down me. he looks down at me, I only had his t-shirt on me.