Chapter 76 : Upcoming revenge

Ivanna

"You don't reply to my messages," Irene husks in a disappointed voice as we sip from the iced coffee.

"I don't get time to chat. There's too much happening," I lie

A few minutes can be easily managed but my sister being the ex to my husband is definitely not a very comfortable thing. I know how Irene is. She's good at heart but sometimes she's too difficult to handle.

"Once you had time to gossip with me for hours on the call. You had two jobs right then and were a full time student. You had no servant in your tiny apartment and did everything alone. Was life easier than this one back then?" She can attack straight on the spot.

I stay quiet and don't meet her eyes.

"You can tell me if you want to break all the ties with us, Ivanna. Even the fact of our mothers being different didn't make us apart. But here your marriage of five months changed you so much that you're avoiding your family. Even me." She sounds extremely angry.

However, the typical wife in me won't let me be the previous sister I was. How can a marriage be so powerful to overshadow all the relationships at once?

"Now, you're here. Shall we not talk about all this?" I press a tight lipped smile. "Tell me what you are doing nowadays?"

"Full-time tutoring," she says. "You know I don't like too many fancy jobs"

"Yeah I know"

I smile and look at she when I find her staring at something behind me, intensely. I gulp down since I know the wall behind me has tons of pictures of me and Christian.

"How does it feel to be a replacement?" She asks, holding my hand from my lap and darting her eyes on my ring finger.

My wedding ring!

I don't react. "More painful than being replaced"

Her eyebrows draw into a frown.

"You think it's easy to be replaced on your wedding day?" She scoffs.

"Maybe, at some point. Why are we even talking about it, Irene?" I exclaim. "I thought you were here to meet me"

"Exactly. But I also wanna know how you can be so happy with that person after knowing what he did?"

"As if I have an option," I sarcastically laughed at her.

I don't know if she knows about the deal between dad and Christian. Maybe, she doesn't know. If she did, she would never say this to me. Besides, it's my choice to stay.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. I have told dad that I'm happy in my life," I say.

"Why don't you understand that I'm trying to save you from a heartbreak?" She gets loud now which I was definitely not expecting. "He's a fucking cheater. How can you even believe that he's not gonna dump you for someone else the way he did with me?"

"He won't," those words unknowingly escape my mouth. Deep inside, a part of me believes that he won't leave me.

"Huh! Is that so?" She grimace. "Until he's done with you. Five months aren't too much"

"Just stop it, Irene." I groan with my inside simmering in anger. "Why are you forcing me to be mean to you? If he was a cheater, you were not a saint. Weren't you pregnant with someone else's child when you were with Christian?"

She gawks at me in disbelief as if she didn't expect that.

"Oh! So, he said that to lessen his deeds"