Chapter 96 : Blooming feelings (Kane - Emily)

Emily

Monica climbed into the car before me-- next to Kane and I had to sit in the backseat, listening to their stupid gossip.

Right now, I'm definitely feeling like killing Ivanna.

As much as I try to distract my mind and look outside, I just can't digest all this anyway.

"Whoops! I didn't know you and Adeline would part ways so soon," Monica says.

"It's been a long time. Things didn't work out after college. Then I let it go," Kane replies.

"What's up now?"

Kane cracks. "Nothing for now. I didn't feel like focusing on anything except work after college"

"So, you mean you're available?" Monica laughs.

My head starts aching as I rub the side of my head and close my eyes. Nothing seemed to be so annoying before.

"Seriously, Monica," Kane laughs. "You didn't change at all"

"Should I? Well, I wish you didn't reject my proposal years back. Is there any chance right now?"

My eyes shoot up right away as I look at them from behind. It's going way too far than flirting. I want to get out of the car anyhow.

"I won't mind giving it a try," Kane cracks up, leaving me stunned.

I didn't know this grouch could flirt back like this. Whatever it is, it irks the hell out of me.

As they continue to laugh the entire way, I get closer to the window and rest my head against it.

Why am I feeling this way?

Kane

I haven't heard Emily say anything from the moment we got into the car. She's never so calm. Monica is a talkative girl to keep anyone engaged. And I can't avoid meeting her after so many years.

Among the talks, I finally steal a moment and look at Emily through the mirror. She's looking outside. Her eyes are calm. She blinks slowly as if she's exhausted or upset.

Maybe, upset!

Suddenly her eyes come on mine through the mirror and I automatically smile at her, thinking she will do the same.

However, leaving me utterly shocked, she glares at me with her burning eyes and drives them away.

What the fuck was that?

Did she literally give me an angry look? But for what?

Focusing on the road, I keep looking at her through the mirror when Monica talks non-stop. I can't focus on what she's talking. I only hum on her words, drifting all my focus on Emily and on the road.

Emily again looks at the mirror. We stare at each other for no reason. I never did it, at least not with her. Her doe eyes seems to be filled with complaints by the way she is looking at me.

I think she feels avoided. The entire way, none of us talked to her. Or she didn't like the conversation me and Monica were having.

Damn it!

If it's the second reason, I don't know how to react or tackle it. Even though I should not care what people are thinking about my actions, I can't avoid Emily's unsaid complaint filled eyes.

Suddenly, Monica bursts into laughter, saying something that I didn't even hear. While laughing, she grabs my arm.

I squirm abruptly when I find Emily's face hardening.