Chapter 13: Bullied

Ivanna

"It's Ivanna Roz-- Scott. Ivanna Scott," I smile at Olivia, she was in her late twenties, blonde hair, with a warm smile. I met her just a while ago and she's awesome.

We walk together towards the classroom. The campus looks lovely and good, bigger than the campus I went to in Texas, still the vibes here can never match my campus in Texas. I miss that city.

"I don't, but you look familiar to me. As if I have seen you somewhere recently,"she frets, narrowing her eyes.

I hope she hasn't recognised me as Christian's wife though I'm sure she has seen some of our reception pictures. I remember the reporters taking pictures of me from a distance. After, Christian asked them to leave. That's why Olivia can't seem to recognise me properly.

"Maybe , we have bumped somewhere," I giggle.
"Can be"

We reach the classroom and it's a bit awkward for me to see people twice my age, only a few people are my age.

"I bet you're the youngest one in the class," Olivia giggles. "I haven't found many people who wanted to do a PhD immediately after graduating. They usually get into a job or something."

I smile."I love to study and I have always dreamt of having a doctorate."

"That's really ambitious of you"

"Hey, can I sit here?" I hear a boy speaking from behind and I tilt my face.

He gives a smile, he looks young and decent among all the other students around us.

"Sure," I drag myself towards Olivia and give him some space.

"Ah! Here's another young fellow," Olivia beams.

"It's Jaydeb," he beams

"Olivia"

"Ivanna,"I smiled.

"Are you single?" He is too quick to ask such a question. My mouth opens and Olivia laughs.

Jaydeb gives a normal reaction as if it's a casual question to ask a girl after just meeting her. I don't know what to reply.

"Relax," he chuckles. "I'm too quick to fall. So, I make sure I know the relationship status of every girl I get friends with. Not taking a risk, huh?"
I laugh.

But here comes the complication. I don't want to tell them I'm married, nor do I want anyone to know who my husband is. I will hate it if these people don't treat me like myself, but as Christian Scott's wife. After that reception and such tight security. I know what it means to be his wife.

"Committed," I tell him, not lying completely

"Great. Now I'll be careful"

"You are funny"

We laugh together

*

I had a good experience on the first day of my classes.

"I can't believe you came here from Texas," Jayden exclaimed as we came out of the classroom.

"I wanted to stay with my family," I told him with a half smile.

My wish remains unfulfilled.

"Contentment matters," Olivia smiles.

Jayden leaves before reaching the gate since he's staying at the dorm on the campus. I and Olivia walk across the meadow while gossiping when we get interrupted by someone.

"Hey, wait"

We look behind confused, finding three boys idly sitting in the slab. They have a wry smile on their faces which doesn't give good vibes.