Chapter 77 : Mine

Ivanna

Reality hits us with my phone ringing somewhere. I strive to get away from his hold but he doesn't let me go. He is still staring at me in muse.

"Chris," I whisper, squirming in his arms. "My phone is buzzing"

"Let it buzz," he husks.

The air becomes heavy between us and I know if I let it go with the flow, we'll end up on the bed like always. We always do that after a mess and I don't know how intense sex makes it all easy for a while.

Just for a while.

I don't want a temporary convenience. Nor do I want to solve it every time like this. He tucks my hair behind my ear as I hear my phone buzzing again.

"It could be important," I mumble, closing my eyes  when he rubs my cheek with his thumb.

"Not more important than making you feel better," he whispers.

"I don't want it now," I say with a heavy heart as he pauses midway and pulls back. I look down.

"I did not want it, Iv. Why did you feel that I could think of this when you are-- "

"Don't you always do it?", I complain though I know I'm equally involved in it.

Nevertheless, I used to think he felt different from me. I'm his wife-- rightfully, legally-- with every aspect. But Irene's words make me feel low. I don't even know what he feels for me. Is it only an attraction towards my appearance, my body or is it something with my heart and soul?

"I do that because I know you like it." He says lovingly. His he cupps my cheeks in his hands and pulls me closer, peering deep in my eyes. "Are you upset because of this? That she said I had been with her. Like that"

"No, I'm-- "

Before I can finish, he lifts me in his arms and heads towards the bed, keeping his eyes on me. This cycle isn't gonna end, nor can I do anything to stop it. He lays me on the bed, coming on top of me and removes his blazer. And lays next to me. His intoxicating scent teases me as I gulp down, sniffing against his neck.

He pulls on the quilt and takes me in a tight embrace, kissing my forehead. I bury my face inside his chest, looking for some comfort with his crazy scent as he runs his fingers in my hair, and tracing his thumb on my cheek softly.

I wait for something to happen-- for the moment he will start undressing me or maybe start touching me intimately. Even though my body wants him every damn time he's close to me, my sanity does not. My sanity doesn't allow me to take everything for granted.

But will he understand what my heart wants?

Minutes pass. Nothing happens. However, I can feel my anticipation dying. I feel better as he caresses my hair and runs his hand over my arm and shoulder, kissing my forehead repeatedly.
It feels better.

Much much better.

He can make me feel better in every possible way.

"Chris," I whispered, lifting my head.

Our eyes meet.

I drag myself closer to him and tangle my leg with his whole cuddling.

"How are you feeling now?" He asks softly, smiling at me.

"Better," I whisper back and touch his cheek.
I love the feeling when my hand brushes his 5' O clock shadow beard, causing goosebumps all over me. My lips slightly twitch into a smile when I drown deep into him again, in his addictive eyes.
What the heck has this man done to me?