Prologue

"Just who does that boy think he is!?" Allie fumed as she stalked back into the palace, crossing her arms with a huff as she leaned against a wall in the foyer

"Just who does that boy think he is!?" Allie fumed as she stalked back into the palace, crossing her arms with a huff as she leaned against a wall in the foyer. "Spoiled? self-centered? entitled!? how rude!" she growled, stomping a heel on the ground.

"Sweetie?" came the voice of her mother, prompting Allie to turn towards the door as she entered. "Is everything alright dear? the guests are all worried about you," she stated, making her way over to her daughter, a concerned expression on her visage.

"I'm fine mother. I just needed to let off a little steam is all. Being insulted by a pauper wasn't exactly what I had expected. And to think he had the nerve to do it on my birthday," she muttered, placing her hands on her hips and taking a deep breath. "But I'm over it now."

Her mother chuckled. "Is that a fact?" she inquired, getting a confused look from her daughter. "I'm sorry dear. I know you're upset, I should be more sensative. And you're right, it was quite rude of him to speak that way, however he did save your life. The least you could do is thank him the next time you see him."

Allie frowned. "I suppose an expression of thanks is in order. Had he not broken my fall, I wouldn't be able to carry on with the festivities."

Her mother smiled and nodded, placing a kiss on Allie's cheek. "Glad you see it my way. Now, why don't we get back to the party? there are several strapping young men who are dying to make your acquaintence," her mother beamed, getting a grin out of her daughter.

"Good. They should consider it an honor to be in my presence," Allie replied haughtily, taking pride in the beauty she inherited from her mother. She had a voluptuous bust and dangerous curves that warranted the attention she was given.

 She had a voluptuous bust and dangerous curves that warranted the attention she was given

"Mom I'm home!" Seth called out as he set foot into his little Vanville home.

"I'm in the kitchen honey!" Came his mother's reply, prompting the brunette to hasten his steps to the kitchen.

Seth slipped into the kitchen and slid his bag off his shoulders and hung it on the back of his usual chair. The kitchen in their home consisted of tile flooring with a beautiful mahagony countertop in the center of the floor. The cabinets were made from the same wood as well as the table. Standing at the counter was a tall, brunette woman with bright blue eyes and fair skin. She wore an apron with the words "Embrassez le cuisinier," or "Kiss the cook."