Chapter 3

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I walked through the front door glad to be back home.

My father was right behind me with my suitcase.

We walked inside and he closed the door behind us.

We had barely walked in and my mother came rushing towards the door.

"Hey mom," I smiled.

"Oh... I thought you two were Mason," my mother said slightly disappointed.

"Well nice to see you too mom," I said kind of hurt.

"Sorry bean. How are you?" my mother said as she walked over and gave me a hug.

"I'm good mom. What's up with Mason?" I asked as I hugged her back.

"Your brother has lost his damn mind is what's going on. Caleb that boy stormed out of here after I told him he was grounded. I want him back here and his keys taken away. You better talk some sense into that boy before I remind him who brought him into this world and who will take him out," my mother said upset.

"Zoe what happened?" my father asked my mother.

"He came downstairs and was just ready to leave like I hadn't told him he was grounded. He was under the impression since we had a talk your voice overrode mine and he wasn't grounded. I swear Caleb that boy is coming off like such a spoiled brat. His disrespect is too much," my mother ranted.

"Sad to say but mom I think this is Mason just being Mason. He's a teenage boy just trying to test the limits," I tried to reason.

"Oh he's testing something and I swear he better snap out of this bad boy behavior quick and in a hurry," my mother said.

"I'll talk to him when he gets home," my father said.

"No you will light into his ass about how he spoke to me. You will then get his car keys and make it clear he is grounded and not to leave this house," my mother said sternly.

"Alright Zoe I'll tell him. But baby could you relax. Enjoy that our unproblematic child is home for the next week," my father said.

"You're right. Come sit with me in the living room bean. Tell me all about college life," my mother said.

My mom and I walked off to the living room as my dad headed upstairs to put my suitcase away.

"So I want to know everything. How have your classes been? Have you made any new friends? Any boys peak your interest?" my mother asked.

"Well all of my classes have been great. Some are more challenging than others but you know I love a challenge in the classroom. I have made a few new friends. No boys have peaked my interest though," I said.

"Well it sounds like you've been adjusting well... hey I like that locket... Where is it from?" my mother asked as she reached out and touched the necklace Ryan gave me.

"Oh this... I... It's..." I stumbled over my words.

My mother has always been someone I've been able to tell everything too. While I know my dad still sees me as his little girl and always will my mother can understand that I'm entering womanhood.

I wanted to tell her about Ryan but I know she tells my dad everything and I just didn't want him flipping out.

"Bean..." my mother said getting my attention.

"Yeah," I said distracted.

"Is there a boy?" my mother asked just knowing I was hiding something.