Chapter 18

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Mason P.O.V.

"Bro what's up? You sucked ass during practice today and you never suck," Camden said as we were leaving the locker room.

My mind had been all over the place since Madison dropped her baby bomb on me. I still couldn't believe she was pregnant.

"It's nothing man. I just got a lot on my mind," I said.

"A lot on your mind huh? This got anything to do with Ashley?" Camden asked as we reached the parking lot.

"No me and Ashley are good. It's just some personal stuff but I'm straight," I said.

"Ok if you say so. You know I'm here if you need to talk," Camden said.

"Yeah I know," I said.

I went to my car and Camden walked off to his. I then headed straight home.

I was kind of distracted during my drive home.

I really hope Madison reconsiders keeping the baby. I mean what is she thinking. She can't seriously be ready to be a mother. I know I sure as hell ain't ready to be a daddy.

When I got home I pulled into the driveway. My heart nearly stopped when I saw Madison's car parked in the driveway.

What the hell!

I pulled into the garage and parked my car.

I saw my mother's car here but noticed my father's car gone.

Fuck!

Madison better not be here to spill about her pregnancy to my parents. This is the type of shit I don't need.

I got out of my car and locked it. I headed inside bracing myself for why Madison was here unannounced.

I walked into the house and put my bag down by the staircase.

I walked through the living room and to the kitchen.

I saw Madison sitting at the kitchen table drinking a glass of water.

"Madison..." I said when I saw her.

Madison turned back and gave me a cold look.

"Madison stopped by and said you two had news to share with me and your father. I texted him and he should be home any minute. I have a feeling I know what you two what to tell us and I have to say it's about time," my mother smiled.

What did my mother think we were going to tell her?

"Madison can we talked in private for a minute," I said.

"No. We've talked in private enough," Madison said.

"Madison please," I begged.

"Mason no. Just sit down and lets wait for your father to share our big news," Madison said.

"Madison why are you doing this!" I shouted.

"I'm not doing anything but forcing you to man up," Madison said.

"Oh you two can you just tell me your news. I'll promise to act surprised once Caleb gets here," my mother said.

"Mom we don't have any-"

"Mrs. Atwood your son and I are having a baby," Madison blurted out.

"Madison!" I shouted angrily that she just said that.

"Oh I knew it. You two have been friends for so long I knew your friendship would bloom into something more. Oh wait.... You said you're having a baby?" my mother said as she got ahead of herself.