Chapter 10

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Mason P.O.V.

It was New Years Eve and my parents were going out and so was I, although they didn't know it.

I was lying on the couch when my dad walked into the living room. He was in a suit and tie waiting for my mom to come downstairs.

They were going to a New Years Eve party, which they go to annually. They get together with some friends and after the party they spend the night at a hotel together. It's they're date night which means I'll be home alone and free to go to my own New Years Eve party.

"Here is fifty for food," my father said as he handed me a fifty-dollar bill.

"Thanks," I said as I took the money.

"I know you are upset about not being able to go out tonight but just know your mother and I love you. You can call us if you need us," my father said.

"I know," I said.

A few seconds later my mother walked into the living room.

My father's jaw was about to hit the floor he seemed so in awe of her.

"Damn Mrs. Atwood. You tryin give me a heart attack," my father said as my mother approached him.

My mother blushed as my father wrapped his arms around her waist.

My mother was wearing a sparkly champagne colored dress that was long with a high slit.

"Your reactions to my outfits never get old," my mother giggled.

My father leaned in and pecked my mother's lips.

"Are our bags in the car?" my mother asked my father.

"Yes they are. I gave Mason money for food and he knows he's still grounded. Don't you son," my father said without looking away from my mother.

"Yeah," I said.

"Well you be good. We'll see you in the morning," my mother said to me.

"You two have a good night," I said.

"Oh don't worry we will," my father said as he gave my mother a flirty look.

It's nice that my parents are still in love after so many years of marriage but thinking about them getting it on was gross.

After my parents left the house I quickly got up and went to my bedroom to change.

I was going to Camden's New Years Eve party. His parents were out of town and he was throwing a huge bash. One I wasn't going to miss.

I just broke up with my girlfriend and it was the last big party I could attend before winter break was over.

I put on some grey jeans, a plain white shit and a grey jacket. I put on my new fresh white kicks I hadn't worn yet. I put on some cologne but skipped shaving.

I know the ladies like it when I have a little facial hair.

I had already booked myself an Uber and when it arrived I turned on the alarm and left the house.

On my drive over to Camden's house I got a text from Ashley.

She was texting talking about it wasn't what it looked like and she was sorry. She could kick rocks. I was done with her cheating lying ass.

There are so many hot girls around I don't need her.

I texted back telling her to lose my number then I blocked her.