Chapter 5

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I stood in the aisle where the pregnancy test were confused on which one to get.

Should I get a cheap one or expensive one?

Do I want a Clearblue or First Response?

As I grabbed a test I tried to quickly walk away but ended up bumping into a broad chest and dropping the test.

The person I ran into bent down to pick up the test and I embarrassingly wanted to run.

"Here you go miss... wait Cecilia Atwood is that you?" the guy questioned.

I looked up and realized who I just ran into.

"Deacon... Deacon Sharp?" I questioned.

"Hey how have you been," he smiled.

"Good... you?" I asked.

"I'm good. Home for the holidays. How about you?" he asked.

"Same. I'm actually here with my mom," I said.

"I'm gonna take it that you grabbed this for her... or is little miss goody two shoes pregnant?" Deacon teased.

I just blushed in embarrassment as I took the pregnancy test back from him.

"You know I always hated when you called me goody two shoes," I said trying not to smile.

"I know that's why I always teased you. I loved seeing that cute little smile on your face... kind of like the smile I see now," he said slightly flirting.

I remember when I was younger Deacon's father and my father were close. I can't lie I think Deacon was my first crush. I always thought he was so cute. But then our father's stopped hanging around each other and we didn't see each other as much.

I mean I'd see Deacon in school but he was always a few grades ahead of me though.

"How are your parents?" I asked.

"I don't think that's a subject we really want to tap into right now," Deacon said with a slight half smile.

"Well I hope everything works itself out with your family. How are your brother's?" I asked.

"They're good. How is Mason?" he asked.

"A total teenager. Our dad got in his ass this morning for sneaking out and disrespecting our mother," I said.

"Oh he's going through that phase...." Deacon said.

"I guess so," I said.

"Well I can slightly relate although I never disrespected my mother. But I did test my limits with my father. He and I have a rocky relationship," Deacon said.

"Still?" I asked.

"What can I say I don't respect him as a man... let alone my father. I've seen first hand the bullshit he's put my mother through and I refused to ever do a woman like that. Cecilia if that pregnancy test is yours I hope the man who is responsible for putting a baby in you steps up. If not call me and I'll beat his ass girl," Deacon said.

"Trust me I think my dad would have that covered," I laughed nervously.

I can't even begin to imagine how my father would take the news of me being pregnant at nineteen years old by my college professor.

"Still I'm here until the end of the week then I'm back to New York," he said.

"Wait you live in New York?" I asked.