Chapter 46

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

I sat in the ER waiting room. Cecilia and her mother had been called back and she was being check out in a room.

I felt horrible for Cecilia.

She's so young and has been through so much and I know her relationship with Scott isn't healthy. Not only does that prick hit her but he's had her do drugs.

Cecilia isn't only someone I consider to be a friend. I consider her family... I love her but she'll never understand how much.

I know she sees me as a big brother or friend who snitches her out to her parents.

I wish she gave me a chance like she gave these no good guys she's been with.

I swear I'd treat her right and show her how much of a treasure she is.

I would never do anything to hurt her.

I'd always protect her.

But Cecilia hates me.

She just sees me as someone who won't let her live and keeps involving her parents in matters she wants them to stay out of.

As I kept waiting I looked up to see some EMT's rolling in a patient. I saw my uncle Caleb coming in not too far behind them.

I got up and walked over to him.

"Uncle Caleb..." I said.

He looked over at me and looked in a mind racing state. His clothes were dirty and his knuckles were bleeding.

"Where is Zoey and Cecilia?" he asked.

"They were called back. The doctor is checking out Cecilia," I said.

"Ok... Well I gotta go outside and speak with the police... If Zoey comes looking for me let her know I'm here," he said.

I nodded.

He walked back outside and I was so confused.

I saw the EMT's checking in a patient and when I overheard the name I approached the stretcher.

I saw that Scott was on the stretcher.

He was bruised and beaten and his clothes were dirty too. I saw that they had one of those oxygen masks on his face.

He didn't look good.

I wonder what happened when my uncle Caleb confronted him.

There was clearly an altercation between the two of them... but it seems there could be some serious consequences here as far as Scott's health is concern.

They wheeled Scott back to where the doctors were and I went back to take a seat.

I hope Cecilia doesn't see him being rolled back there.

That's the last thing she needs to worry about.

Cecilia P.O.V.

I sat in the patient room waiting for the doctor to come give me discharge papers. They couldn't really do much for my bruised face.

I knew coming here was a waste of time.

I stood up and walked towards the door.

I opened the door and walked out into the hallway.

"Cecilia come back in here until you get your discharge papers," my mother said.

"Mom I can't just keep sitting in there. I need some air," I said.