Chapter 22

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I got off the elevator as I entered the hallway to get to my condo. I had gone to the hospital to get checked out and get medicine to make sure I didn't get pregnant.

I was told there was a date rape drug found in my system after all their testing.

I didn't go to the police station or admit at the hospital that I had been raped because I wasn't sure if that's what it was.

I mean I was willing with Lucas up until he pinned me down and forced himself inside me.

I just wasn't sure if in the eyes of the law you could call what happened to me rape.

I mean I went over to see Lucas willingly.

I was half dressed willingly.

I undressed for him willingly.

I kissed him willingly.

I even let him go down on me willingly.

I was embarrassed and felt so stupid.

I just wanted to forget this whole horrible night.

As I walked down the hallway and got to my condo the door to Deacon's condo opened.

He stepped outside with a trash bag in hand.

This was just great. I didn't want to see him right now or have him see me.

He had been calling me all day and I ignored his calls.

I should have listened to him and never went over to see Lucas or model for him.

"Hey I been calling you all day," Deacon said.

I didn't respond I just got to my front door and unlocked the door.

"Cecilia I'm talking to you," Deacon said from behind me.

"Deacon I'm tired. Can we talk in the morning," I said without looking at him.

"Cecilia you good?" he asked.

I tried to hold back tears.

"Yeah," I said weakly.

"Look at me and say that," he said.

I didn't turn around and I heard him drop his trash bag on the ground.

"Cecilia," he said as he touched my arm forcing me to face him.

I couldn't hold it in and I broke down letting the tears fall.

"Cecilia what's wrong," he asked concerned.

I didn't say anything I just let him pull me into his embrace as I cried into his chest.

"Cecilia tell me what's going on. Why are you crying?" he asked as he pulled me away from his chest and got me to look in his eyes.

Deacon might have been here for me when I got dumped and was pregnant. He might have gone with me to get my abortion. But this... I couldn't tell him what happened to me. I couldn't tell anyone since technically I brought it on myself.

I wasn't a victim... I was just a naïve girl.

"It's nothing. I'll get over it," I said as I wiped my tears away.

I needed to toughen up. This is what happens in the real world when you don't have your guard up.

I fell for Ryan and got burned.