Chapter 78

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Mason P.O.V.

"That's my boy," I smiled as Madison finished changing our son.

Madison and Niko were leaving the hospital today.

I didn't know you could love someone so much and just met them. I have this fullness in my heart I never knew I could have. I love my son so much and just want to spend every second with him.

"You two ready to go?" my father asked as he entered the room with my mom.

Madison's mother had to work so my parents were going to bring Madison and Niko over to our house until Madison's mother came to pick them up.

I wanted them to spend the night but Madison didn't want to leave her mom home alone.

"Yeah we're ready," I said.

"I'll bring the car around. I'll meet you all down by the entrance," my father said.

My father left the room and Madison picked up our son.

She sat down in the wheelchair the nurse brought up and I wheeled her out of the room.

We got down the hall and approached the elevator.

I pressed the call button so the elevator doors would open.

The doors opened and I pushed the wheelchair forward and walked in right behind it.

My mother got in right after me and pressed the button to the first floor.

"He's so calm," my mother said as she looked at my son.

"He's going to be a good baby," Madison smiled.

"Well you know he gets that from me. I was a good baby right mom," I said.

The elevator doors closed and it started to go down the floors.

"You were a good baby it's just once you got to talking and walking that you became a problem," my mom joked.

"Really mom," I said trying not to laugh.

"I bet she's telling the truth. You've always been trouble Mason," Madison laughed.

"Hey you two can't gang up on me," I said.

"Babe we're just kidding," Madison said.

"You better be," I smiled as I leaned down and kissed her.

The elevator doors opened and I wheeled Madison out and walked out. My mother was right with us.

Just as the elevator doors were going to close someone rushed past us trying to catch it but didn't.

"Hey man look out!" I said annoyed.

This guy nearly ran into Madison.

"Sorry," the guy said in a low tone.

I looked back and realized the guy was Deacon Sharp. He looked sad and like he hadn't had any sleep.

"Deacon," I said.

He looked up and ran a hand over his face.

"Oh hey Mason... Mrs. Atwood," he said.

"Oh hi Deacon. How are you holding up?" my mother asked.

I could remember my mother briefly talking about Deacon's mother being hospitalized the day Madison gave birth. Apparently she came by to say hi to my family then passed out.