Chapter 14

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

He closed the trunk and got in on the passenger side. Deacon was in town for his work conference or whatever and I was picking him up from the airport. He said he wanted to catch up so I figured we'd get some lunch then I'd take him to his hotel.

"Welcome to Cali," I said as I pulled off from the curb.

"Thanks for picking me up. I could have gotten an Uber though," Deacon said.

"What fun would an Uber have been?" I questioned.

"Ok you picking me up is better but I thought you had class," Deacon said.

"Not today," I lied.

I did have class but since everything with Ryan I was weighing my options.

I had dropped his class, Now I was just debating the whole transferring schools option or just dropping out of school all together.

"So where are we headed. I'm hungry," Deacon said.

"I was thinking we could get burgers," I said.

"Sounds good. Lets get In and Out," he said.

"You read my mind," I said.

I drove to In and Out and once we got there I parked my car.

We ordered our food and once we got it we sat down at a table outside.

"So how did your New Years turn out?" Deacon asked.

"It was something," I said.

"That's all I get. Come on Cecilia I want to know more. Did your boyfriend end up apologizing for your fight?" Deacon asked.

"He and I actually aren't together anymore," I said honestly as I took a bite out of my sandwich.

"Oh... well maybe that's for the best if he can't treat you right," Deacon said.

"Yeah," I said with a shrug.

"So the pregnancy test was negative I take it," he said.

I was quiet and took a sip of my drink.

"Cecilia talk to me. You know I won't judge you, right?" Deacon said.

"The test wasn't negative. I'm pregnant Deacon but my ex wants nothing to do with this baby. He told me to get an abortion," I admitted.

"Are you serious?" Deacon asked.

I nodded.

"Man that's foul. So he can lay with you and make a baby. But he can't be man enough to step up and take responsibility for the child," Deacon said.

"I guess not. But it's my own fault. It was stupid of me to get with him in the first place," I said.

"Cecilia don't blame yourself because he's a coward," Deacon said.

"The crazy thing is I don't know what I'm going to do now," I said.

"Do you want to keep the baby?" Deacon asked.

"I don't know. I never thought I'd be put in this position. I always thought when I had kids I'd be married like my mom and dad are. But I'm nineteen, a freshman in college, and I'm a complete idiot," I said.

"Cecilia you aren't an idiot. You just got caught up. You're young. You're bound to make mistakes," Deacon said.

"But a baby... Deacon I made a very permanent mistake," I said.