Chapter 12

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I stood in the bathroom feeling confused.

I just told Ryan I was pregnant and he said nothing.

All he did was look in complete shock and walk out of the bathroom.

The silence was killing me.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Ryan sitting on the bed.

"Can you say something," I said as I leaned against the bathroom doorframe.

Ryan looked up at me and had this cold look in his eyes.

"What do you want me to say Cecilia?" Ryan asked with a slight attitude in his tone.

"Anything... something. Don't just sit there quiet. Tell me how you feel," I said.

"Are you sure you're pregnant?" he asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Have you seen a doctor or have you just pissed on a stick?" he asked.

"Don't be crass. I took an at home pregnancy test. I wanted to talk to you before seeing a doctor," I said.

"Well first we need to see how far along you are then if we can have it taken care of that would be the best option," Ryan said.

"What do you mean have it taken care of? You aren't suggesting abortion are you?" I asked confused.

"That's exactly what I'm suggesting," Ryan said coldly.

"What... Really?" I questioned surprised by his cold reaction to all this.

"Yes really Cecilia! You are nineteen years old! I'm still married! We can't have a child," Ryan snapped.

"You're getting divorced though," I said.

Ryan was quiet.

"Right!" I said.

"I gotta get dressed. I gotta get ready to go teach this class," Ryan said.

Ryan stood up and was headed to the closet but I blocked him.

"We're not done talking about this," I said as I stood in front of him.

"I don't have the time for this. Move," he said tensely.

"Why are you being like this? I know me being pregnant is not ideal but we're in love and we'll get through this," I said.

"Cecilia love doesn't raise a baby. I have two little ones already and right now is not the time for me to be adding another little one into the mix. You're getting an abortion end of story. I'm not raising a baby with you," Ryan said so coldly.

"Why are you being such a dick? I didn't make this baby on my own," I said getting upset.

"I thought you were on birth control? What you been skipping your pills or something?" he asked in an accusing tone.

"I've taken my pills, guy who hates wearing a condom," I said.

"I never heard you complaining baby girl," Ryan said with a smirk.

Ryan moved past me and I was so confused. He was not acting like the man I fell in love with. He was not being supportive or understanding. He was being a selfish asshole. He was treating me like some whore off the street not a girlfriend he'd been sharing a home with.

"Does she know about us?" I asked.

"I'm not doing this with you right now Cecilia. I need to get in the right mind frame for work," Ryan said as he grabbed his clothes and walked out of the closet.