Chapter 17

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

Three Months Later

I was grabbing a beer out of Deacon's fridge when I felt a presence behind me.

I stood up and turned around to see him leaning against the counter across from me.

"Is that what you're wearing?" Deacon asked looking over my outfit.

"Yeah. What's wrong with it?" I asked.

I was wearing this romper that was spaghetti straps and had lots of sparkle. I had on some boots to match.

"Nothing it just shows a lot," Deacon said.

"Well I'm young and single... living in New York. Now is the time to show it all off right," I said.

"I guess," Deacon said unsure.

I had been living out here in New York for two months now. My father managed to get me transferred to NYU and got me a new condo in the same building Deacon lived in. Although the part of Deacon living in the same high-rise condo building wasn't something my father knew before signing the lease.

Before I left LA I got my abortion. I had mixed feelings about it but in the end knew it was the right decision.

Deacon was there for me when I went. He was the one to actually take me to the clinic and stayed with me.

Deacon is the only person I shared this with. He was the only person I truly trusted with the information.

He didn't judge me and he's been a great friend.

Since moving out to New York Deacon has introduced me to some of his friends and I have been liking it out here.

It was good to reconnect with him even if my father didn't approve.

I heard a knock at the front door and Deacon went to answer it while I sipped on my beer.

I peeked around the corner as a couple guys walked in.

I stopped in my tracks when I noticed a guy I'd never seen before.

This guy wasn't apart of Deacon's usual circle.

I walked out of the kitchen and Deacon's friend I knew said hi and the new guy just stared at me a bit in awe.

"This is my boy Lucas. He's coming out with us tonight. I hope that's cool," Deacon's friend said.

"Sure," Deacon said.

"Hi. I'm Cecilia," I said.

Lucas checked me out and didn't say anything.

"You guys want beers?" I asked.

"I'll take one," Lucas said.

"Ok. Follow me," I said.

Lucas and I walked off to the kitchen and I put my beer down on the counter.

I opened the fridge and bent down to get him a beer.

I grabbed a beer for him then stood up and closed the fridge.

I turned around and noticed Lucas biting his lip. It was clear to me he'd been checking out my ass.

I blushed a bit as I opened the bottle and handed him the drink.

"So you in college?" I asked.

He shook his head no as he took a swig of the beer.

"You in college?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm a freshman," I said.