Chapter 38

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Mason P.O.V.

I sat up on the kitchen counter as Madison grabbed me an ice pack from the freezer.

Camden and I got in the worst fight we've ever had. We were not holding back and I'm pretty sure after the fist fight we got into we'd never be friends again.

I still couldn't believe someone I considered my best friend... someone I trusted like a brother would decide to date my ex.

He was such a snake.

Then the things he said to Madison were just uncalled for.

"Here you go," Madison said as she walked over to me.

Madison came up and stood between my legs. She grabbed my hands and placed the ice pack to my knuckles.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

"How can you be worried about me when Camden said all that fucked up shit to you?" I asked.

"It wasn't too long ago that you were saying just as fucked up shit as he was saying to me," Madison pointed out.

"You know I'm sorry right? I was wrong for how I treated you after we hooked up... I was wrong in how I reacted to the pregnancy news too. You're my family and from here on I'll always stick up for you. Can't let anyone go disrespecting my baby momma," I smirked.

"Shut up you jerk. The last thing I want to be referred to is your baby momma. I have a name," Madison smiled.

"Well Maddie I'm sorry. We only got each other now. It sucks loosing a friend but Camden clearly wasn't all that loyal to me if he's dating my ex," I said.

"What makes you think they've just started talking? If anything I bet they were already talking behind your back," Madison suggested.

I just shrugged.

I mean Ashley had cheated on me during winter break so I couldn't put it past her to have cheated on me with Camden too.

Although I'd like to think he wasn't that much of a snake to have been hooking up with Ashley behind my back when I had still been with her.

But at this point I didn't even care.

Ashley and I weren't getting back together and Camden and I were no longer best friends.

"MASON!" I heard my father roar as the front door slammed.

I rolled my eyes as Madison stood back. I got off the counter and walked out of the kitchen.

I entered the living room at the same time as my father.

"Hey dad," I said as I sat on the couch.

"Don't hey dad me! You got yourself suspended for fighting!" he shouted.

"I'll call you later Mason," Madison said.

I nodded and Madison left.

"Why in the hell were you fighting at school? Mason I swear you are starting to really wear my patience," my father said.

"Are you sure it's me wearing downing your patience? Because my money is on Cecilia being the one doing that," I said.

"Don't get smart with me! Why were you fighting?" my father asked.

"Camden said some fucked up shit to Madison so I handled him... not to mention he's now dating my ex," I explained.

"So you're telling me you're fist fighting your best friend over two girls you aren't even with?" my father asked.