Chapter 44

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

When I walked into the hotel room with my parents I was livid. My father had no right to come and ruin my life.

He had no right to put his hands on my husband!

"Cecilia sit down!" my father demanded.

"I don't want to talk to you... either of you! I hate you!" I said angrily.

"Well I don't care. Sit your ass down on that couch right now," my father said sternly.

I crossed my arms over my chest and sat down.

I hated this. I just wanted to go home and be back in Scott's arms.

I wanted my husband not my ridiculous parents who didn't understand me.

"I'm calling my mother and making sure she gets those annulment papers faxed here immediately," my father said.

"I don't care! You can have the annulment papers faxed over all you want. It doesn't mean that I have to sign them. I love Scott and I'm not annulling my marriage to him!" I said.

"Cecilia where the hell did we go wrong with you! I mean a year ago you were a straight A student ready to head off to college! You had a bright future ahead of you! Now you have dropped out of school and are chasing after some coke head!" my father said.

My eyes went wide.

How does my father know Scott does coke?

I never told my mother that part.

"Surprised I know your boyfriend is a junkie?" my father asked.

"He's not a junkie," I said defending my husband.

"Sure he isn't. I bet he has your ass snorting the shit too. Am I right?" my father asked.

I just sat there quiet. I refused to engage in this conversation with my father.

He didn't respect me as an adult!

"You're coming back to Atlanta," my father said.

"No I'm not," I said.

"Yes you are, end of discussion," my father said.

"I'm an adult dad! You can't control me! You can't tell me what I can and can't do anymore! I'm an adult and I have a husband who I plan to have a family with!" I argued.

"Zoey get this girl before I knock some sense into her hard head," my father threatened as his nostrils flared.

"Go ahead hit me dad. It's not like I haven't been hit before," I said.

"What do you mean by that? Has that crack head put his hands on you! Zoe you didn't tell me that little punk hit our daughter!" my father said getting angry.

"What goes on in my marriage is none of your business dad!" I argued.

"The fuck! Is this girl seriously defending a man putting his hands on her?" my father questioned confused.

"Cecilia has Scott put his hands on you?" my mother asked calmly.

I looked at my mother then my father.

"What takes place in a marriage is between the two parties involved. I'm not saying Scott hit me but if he had that is our private business. It has nothing to do with the two of you," I said.

"I'm going to kill him. That little piece of shit is dead. You hear me Cecilia he's dead!" my father said as he balled his hand up into a fist.

"Caleb calm down," my mother said as she stood in front of my father.