Chapter 79

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I rang the doorbell as I stood outside Mrs. Sharp's new home.

My mother gave me Mrs. Sharp's new address since she moved out of her long time home after her divorce from her husband.

I knew Deacon had to be here.

He still hadn't spoke to me and he'd been home for three days now.

I knew it was late but I needed to see him. I wanted him to talk to me.

The front door opened and Mrs. Sharp stood there.

She looked nice but tired.

"Hi Mrs. Sharp. I'm sorry for coming by so late. Is Deacon here?" I asked.

"Hi Cecilia. It's nice to see you. But I'm sorry my son isn't here. He left about an hour ago to catch a red eye back to New York. Why don't you come inside," she said as she took a step back.

Deacon was gone all the way back to New York and he didn't even bother texting me!

What the actual hell!

"Would you like something to drink?" she asked me as we entered her living room.

"No thank you," I said as we sat down.

"You're so beautiful. I'm glad my son and you are together," she said.

"Thanks...." I said as I pushed my hair back behind my ear.

Mrs. Sharp laid back resting her head and looked like she was going to fall asleep.

"I should go. I really didn't mean to impose," I said.

"Cecilia...." I heard a male voice.

I looked up and saw Carson walking into the room.

"Mom what are you doing? You should be in bed!" Carson said worried.

"I'm fine," his mother said.

"You need to go to sleep. Let me help you to your room," Carson said.

"It was nice seeing you Cecilia," Mrs. Sharp said as she stood up.

I watched as Carson took his mother's arm as he wanted to help her to her bedroom.

"Carson please stop! I can get around the corner to my bedroom on my own. I hate it when you kids fuss over me," his mother said as she pulled her arm away.

I watched as Carson took a step back and let his mother walked to her bedroom on her own.

"That woman is too strong for her own good. Never wanting to let anyone help her," Carson said as he came to sit beside me.

"My mom told me a little bit about what your mother is going through. Are you doing ok?" I asked.

"It sucks... I hate that she didn't tell us sooner. But I understand why she kept it from us. I just want her to know we're here for her. She doesn't always have to be so strong," Carson said.

"How is Deacon holding up? He hasn't called me and your mother said he's already headed back to New York," I said.

"Yeah he's taking the news really hard. He said something about trying to use his vacation time so he can come out here and take care of mom. Our mom told us how your mom takes her to her appointments and treatments... thanks," Carson said.

"It's no problem. I didn't even know my mom was doing that until recently. But our moms are close so it's not shocking," I said.

"They are. I'm glad my mom has your mom here for her. With our dad being gone and our youngest brother being the only one here with her it helps knowing there is at least one adult checking in on her daily," Carson said.