Chapter 26

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up with a headache.

I held my head in my hands as I sat up.

I partied hard last night. The last thing I remember was Deacon punching Scott and having Sam get me out of the club.

As I sat up I realized I wasn't in my condo. I was in Deacon's.

I sat up realizing I had slept in his bed. I was still fully dressed. I was just missing my shoes and was covered up by the comforter.

I needed to find my phone. I needed to call Scott.

I got out of bed and walked out of the bedroom.

I walked down the hall and to the kitchen just as the front door opened.

I saw Deacon walk inside with a bag in his had.

"I picked up some breakfast. I also got some aspirin," he said as he put the bag on the kitchen counter.

Deacon had gotten me a cup of orange juice and a bagel.

I grabbed the bottle of aspirin and took a couple pills then drank some juice.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"You were out of it last night. I brought you here to keep an eye on you while you slept off whatever drug you were on," Deacon said.

How could he tell I had been on any drug?

I remember him threatening to call my father last night.

I needed to do some damage control if I wanted to keep Deacon out of my business and keep him from involving my father.

The last thing I needed was my father coming down here.

What Scott and I had going on was working for me and I'd be damned if I let Deacon get in the way.

"I wasn't on any drug....," I lied.

"Cecilia I saw you last night. You weren't yourself and your eyes... they were hazy," Deacon said.

"I just drank a little too much. I don't do drugs Deacon," I said defensively as I ate my bagel.

"I know what I saw and that guy you were with was bad news," Deacon said.

"Scott is a good guy. You don't even know him to say otherwise," I said.

"But I know you and you weren't yourself when you were in his company. I think you should stay away from him," Deacon said.

I rolled my eyes and looked for my purse and shoes.

I didn't need Deacon trying to lecture me or father me right now.

"What are you looking for?" Deacon asked.

"My purse and shoes!" I snapped.

Deacon walked off back to his bedroom.

I was so frustrated with his need to butt into my business.

"Here," he said as he came back with my purse and shoes.

I snatched my things out of his hands.

"Next time just let me have fun with my friends. I don't need you in my business Deacon," I said.

"Cecilia I know you've been through a lot in the past few months. I mean from sleeping with your professor to having to abort his baby... it's a lot. I'd understand why you'd feel the need to numb your pain through drugs and alcohol. But you don't have to do that. You can talk about how you're feeling. I'm here and willing to listen no matter the time of day," Deacon said.