Chapter 53

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

"ZOEY!" my father roared angrily.

I was back home in Atlanta. When I arrived my parents were home but not my brother.

I asked to speak with my father alone in his home office.

We had been in his office for what seemed like forever. I told my father everything I told my mother. I did leave out the drug use though.

It was a good thing I had because after telling my father all that I did he was furious.

"Caleb what is it?" my mother asked as she walked into his office.

My father was pacing in front of his desk as I sat on the couch.

"I was just having a conversation with our daughter about all she's been through this past year. Why is this the first time I'm hearing that her perverted professor impregnated her! Some low budget photographer raped her! Oh and that low life drugged up tattoo artist of a two second husband she had beat and cheated on her!" my father shouted.

"Caleb you need to take a breath. I didn't tell you any of that because Bean told me all of that in confidence," my mother reasoned.

"When it comes to the well being of our children you don't keep me in the dark Zoe! I'm her fucking father I deserved to know this!" my father argued.

"Caleb I don't think arguing about when you're finding out about things is productive. We just need to be glad Bean is home and ready to open up," my mother said.

"I'm going to make sure that professor is fired and put behind bars! That photographer is a dead man once I get my hands on him! Oh and I wish I had of let that son of a bitch in New York burn in that loft fire!' my father said angrily.

My father's hand was balled up into a fist and I could just see the rage in his eye.

I wanted to come clean to him since I knew my mother hadn't told him anything.

I was grateful she hadn't because it was my story to tell. But I hated that in keep my secrets it was now causing problems between my parents.

"Caleb you need to calm down!" my mother said as she approached my father slowly.

"CALM DOWN! ZOE I'M NOT GOING TO FUCKING CALM DOWN!" my father shouted in rage.

My mother approached my father, as his face was getting red.

I watched as she reached out to gently touch his cheek.

"Babe breath," my mother coaxed my father.

"She's my baby girl! I'm supposed to protect her from any harm! Her innocence was stolen from her Zoe! I'm going to kill those mother fuckers," my father said in a dangerously low tone.

"Cecilia sweetheart could you give your father and I a moment alone," my mother asked.

She cupped my father's face in her hands getting him to look in her eyes.

I'd never seen my father so angry. This was worse than anything I witnessed in New York.

I got up and left my father's office.

I slowly closed the door behind me but left it cracked open so I could still hear my parents.

I wasn't a baby and they didn't need to shield me.

As I stood back peeking inside the office I saw my father pick up a glass and throw it at the wall.

The glass shattered and my mother jumped back and screamed.