Chapter 65

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I pulled up outside of Deacon's family home. I was hanging out with Josie today but before I left the house my mother gave me an envelope to deliver to Mrs. Sharp.

"This shouldn't take more than a couple seconds. I just need to drop off this envelope then we'll head to the mall," I said.

Josie nodded and I got out of my car.

Headed up the driveway and got to the front door.

I rung the doorbell and waited for Mrs. Sharp to answer.

A few seconds later Deacon answered the door.

I was surprised to see him. I had no clue he was in town. We hadn't really spoken since our goodbye.

"Hey... I didn't know you were in town," I said.

"Yeah it was a last minute thing. My mom needed us," Deacon said.

"Us?" I questioned.

"Yeah Carson is home too. We're helping my mom pack and move," Deacon said.

"What? Your mother is moving out?" I questioned confused.

For as long as I've known Deacon and his family they have always lived in this house.

"Cecilia a lot is going on right now and I don't really have time to talk. Is there something you needed?" Deacon asked being short with me.

"I just brought over this envelope my mother wanted me to drop off to your mother," I said.

Deacon took the envelope and I could tell he was stressed.

"Hey maybe when you're done helping your mom we could-

"Oh shit..." Deacon rolled his eyes as he looked past me.

I turned back and saw a car pull up.

The engine was cut and then I noticed that his father was getting out of the car.

Deacon placed the envelope down inside on the side table. He stepped outside with me and closed the front door.

He walked past me and headed directly towards his father.

"Dad now is not the time!" Deacon said.

I slowly approached where Deacon and his father were.

I mean I had to pass them to leave anyway.

"Don't you tell me when I can and can't show up to my own home, move," Mr. Sharp said.

"I'm not moving! You aren't going in there to upset mom anymore," Deacon argued.

"Look here! That house behind you was paid for off my hard earned money! Everything in that home belongs to me including your mother! So if I want to go inside and have a talk with her I will," Mr. Sharp said not backing down.

"That's all mom and us kids have ever been to you right? Your property!" Deacon said.

"This is between me and your mother! Stay in a child's place and butt out Deacon," his father said sternly.

"I'm not letting you go in there! You've broken mom's heart bad enough! Just let her pack her stuff and move out in peace damn it!" Deacon said raising his voice.

"Don't you take that tone with me! I'm still your father!" Mr. Sharp argued.

"Barely!" Deacon scoffed.

"And what is that suppose to mean! I gave you kids and your mother the best life! I provided for all of you!" Mr. Sharp argued.

"It's always about money with you isn't dad," Deacon said with an eye roll.

"I need to speak with your mother so move!" Mr. Sharp said as he pushed past his son and I.

"Dad I said to leave!" Deacon said as he placed his hand to his father's shoulder.

His dad shrugged him off and Deacon forcefully grabbed his father by his shoulder making him turn back around.

I could see the look in Deacon's eyes. That protective look he gets.

I saw it when he knocked Scott out and made me leave the club that one time.

I didn't want Deacon and his father fist fighting. I was sure if he came at his father like that it would be a move he'd live to regret.

Deacon's father never seemed like the one to like people who challenged him.

"Deacon don't," I said as I gently touched his arm.

Mr. Sharp shrugged his son off once again and smirked.

"Listen to Atwood's daughter before I embarrass you," Mr. Sharp said to his son.

Mr. Sharp walked off and went on inside the house.

"Damn it! Cecilia I told you now wasn't the time!" Deacon snapped at me.

"I'm sorry but I could see in your eyes that you were ready to knock him out," I reasoned.

"And! Look this is my family shit and it has nothing to do with you! Just get out of here!" Deacon shouted.

Deacon had never snapped at me like this.

"Deacon I-" I stated but was interrupted.

"DEACON GET IN HERE!" I heard Carson shout in panic as he opened the front door.

Deacon didn't hesitate he left me standing there and ran back inside the house.

The front door slammed and I just walked back to my car.

I got back in my car and Josie looked over at me.

"Ok who was that fine light skin brotha," Josie asked.

I started my car and didn't say anything.

"I'd for sure let him smash. You gonna hook ya girl up or what," Josie said as I pulled out of the driveway.

I had no time to entertain what Josie was saying in reference to Deacon. I was worried for Deacon, his brothers, and his mother. Whatever was going on in his family life wasn't good and I couldn't help but want to help him. I mean he's been here for me through a lot of shit and has made sure I'm good. I just wanted to return the favor and have the chance to be there for him too.

That is if he'd even let me.