The New Generation

A girl walked down the street staring at the cherry blossoms as they had just started to bloom with the seasons changing. She let out a deep sigh as she kicked a rock and continued her way down the road until she stood at the foot of her apartment complex. She checked her phone and hurried upstairs before bursting through the door.

"I'M HOME!" She yelled as she tossed her bag and shoes across the room.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to throw your things around." A voice mumbled from the kitchen.

"Sorry mom, that's something that'll never change about me." The girl responded as she stepped into the kitchen to find her mother cooking away.

"Oh you know I can't be mad at you. Stop taking advantage of your dear old mother." The woman smiled as she turned around and pinched her daughters cheeks.

"MOM!" The girl pouted causing the woman to let out a small laugh.

"Oh be quiet, it's time to eat. I made your favorite." The woman cooed as she motioned towards the stove.

"Did you make pork cutlet bowls?" The girl questioned with wide eyes.

"Mhm"

"You're the best mom!"

"I know, but don't you stop telling me that."
————————————————————————

"Mannnnnn that was amazing mom. I swear I don't know what I'll do when I have to move out."

"Oh don't you worry about that honey. You can stay with me for as long as you want."

"Thanks mom but I'm 16 now, give it two more years and I'll have to move out and go to university."

"Don't remind me! You make me feel so old when you say that." The mom grumbled causing her daughter to stifle a laugh.

"You'll always be young in my eyes mom, because if your young, then that means I'm even younger!"

"Oh hush you. Now help me clean the dishes."

The duo spent the next half an hour cleaning up their dirty dishes and kitchen. As they finally started to wrap up the mom shooed away her daughter into her room so she could start her homework for the evening. The girl greatly appreciated the gesture and closed her door and locked it behind her. She instantly jumped into her desk chair and pulled up the news. She searched through article after article trying to find the information she desired.

"Bingo." She smirked as she stared at the screen in front of her.

She quickly wrote down the information she desired and hopped up from her seat and made her way over to her closet. She dug through the old dusty clothes that hadn't been worn in years until she found a black box at the bottom. She removed the case and tossed into onto her bed before opening it and smiled at the contents inside.

She quickly changed into her new outfit and looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't  help but smile from ear to ear as she glossed over her figure. It had taken her years to get to the point she was at in life. Countless years of hard training and determination drove her to be at her peak physical level.

Slowly the girl walked over to her door and peaked at the alarm clock next to her bed.

It read 9:45 p.m.

She quietly opened the door and peaked her head out into the kitchen area of the apartment. All the lights where off and it seemed like her mom had gone to bed already, which was perfect for her.

Closing her door, the girl made her way across her room and slid open her window. Once the gap was large enough, she slipped out and jumped out to the ground below. As her feet hit the ground the girl tumbled into a roll and took off towards the train station.
———————————————————————-