Chapter 20

One word and everything turned to chaos.

"START"

Izukus team was instantly swarmed by eager competition gunning for the top spot but they all came up short when the first place team flew to the sky.

"If we stay up here we should be fine" Izuku yelled to his team.

"Right" they said in unison.

Izuku watched as the battle unfolded in front of him. He watched as the groups eventually stopped focusing on them so they had a chance at gaining more points.

"It looks like we're in the clear for now, but stay on your toes" Called Izuku.

The match was kind of boring for Izukus team. Nobody really tied anything on them because of how high up they were. The only action they got was the occasional projectile shot up but not even that did anything thanks to Dark Shadow.

"Hey Izuku uhm are sure this ok?" Asked Uraraka.

"Sometimes a hero has to be patient and take the safer option. So as long as we stay safe up here, I don't really see any problem." Izuku replied.

"Heads up on your left!" Yelled Hatsume.

Izuku eyes darted to his left and met the gaze of the approaching target. Izuku watched as Bakugo projected himself upwards towards the number one team.

"TOKOYAMI!" Izuku yelled.

"DARK SHADOW WONT ATTACK, HES SENSITIVE TO LIGHT" Tokoyami screamed back.

"Alright screw it, there's a minute and a half left so no matter what happens, make sure I don't hit the ground Tokoyami." Izuku demanded.

The bird headed student nodded at Izuku confused at was about to happen until his eyes widened. He watched as Izuku stood up and lept into the air, free falling directly towards Bakugo.

Izuku felt the wind scream across his face as he picked up speed towards the raging blond. Izuku knew he only had one chance to get this right or he would fall to the ground and be disqualified.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING DEKU?" Bakugo yelled.

Izuku kept quiet as the gap between them closed smaller and smaller until they could see the color of ones another's eyes. Bakguo stopped his explosions and put up his left arm to block the side of his face. Izuku knew he had to catch Bakugo off guard and after a split second of thinking, he came up with the best idea possible. Izuku raised his arms above his head to try and drive down onto Bakugos head, leaving his entire front side open. Bakugo took the chance and shot one last explosion to propel himself forward into his child hood friend. Bakugo cocked his right arm back and threw his punch with everything he had right into Izukus lower stomach.

"OOF" Izuku coughed out.

"NOT SO DAMN STRONG NOW ARE YOU, YA DAMN DEKU!"

Izuku took the moment to put everything into place. He quickly grabbed Bakugos arm and pulled him closer, seeing the blonds face contort in confusion. Izuku then pushed Bakugo back and did a front flip motion bringing his right leg down right onto Bakugos collar bone. Izuku watched as the blond went flying downward in a spiraling motion due to him having difficulty moving his right arm. Sadly though before Bakugo hit the ground a piece of tape shot towards him and pulled him back to his team.

"Damn it" Izuku said to himself before relizing he was still falling.

Shit, shit, shit Izuku thought as he started to pick up speed towards the ground. He looked around for dark shadow but didn't see him anywhere. Damn it this is how it ends. Izuku could clearly see everything below him now and it was only a matter of time until he hit the ground. But at the last second he heard a sudden scream.

"HEY"

Izukus eyes shot towards the voice and saw dark shadow flying towards him. The bird threw its arm out towards Izuku, who gladly accepted it. The arm threw Izuku upwards back to his team and he softly landed on Tokoyami's shoulders.

"Thanks man, you saved me" Izuku said.

"You saved us from Bakugo so the feeling are mutual" the bird replied with closed eyes.

"AND THATS TIME"

The team slowly made their way back to the ground and walked towards the big crowd forming in front of the stage.

"IN FIRST PLACE WE HAVE TEAM MIDORIYA, SEOCND TEAM TODOROKI, THIRD TEAM BAKUGO, AND IN FORTH TEAM SHINSO!" Midnight announced to the roaring crowd.

"Next we will have one of one fights tournament style until only one of you remains. Matches are won by either knock out, ring outs, or incapacitation. Here are your first round matches ups!" Midnight cheered as she gestured to the screen behind her. Izuku looked it over and relized he would be up against the purple haired kid. He looked for him until he found the kid starting rigt back at him. A smug smirk creeping across his face.

"Excuse me Midnight, I would like to withdraw from the competition, I don't remember anything from the fights so I don't deserve to be in the final round." Ojiro spoke up.

"Me too, I would like to withdraw my spot" another class 1-B student stated.

"Awwww you guys are so youthful, I'll allow it. Those of you that qualified for the last round be prepared. Everyone else please go find your seats." Midnight announced.

Izuku walked from the crowd and into the waiting room designated for the contenders. He didn't really know anything about the purple hairs kid so he would have to be carful. Izuku knew he was physically stronger but he had no idea what kind of quirk the purple haired kid was hiding.

"Oh well it shouldn't be anything I can't handle" Izuku said to himself as he made his way towards the arena. Izuku has some extra time to bring before the match so he decided he could get some extra stretching in. He was almost there until he heard some yelling down one of the halls and decided to investigate. The voices were quiet but he could pick up an few words here and there.

"Use your left"

"I won't use it"

Izuku's ears perked up at the mention of the word left. He knew exactly who was in the conversation and hurried his way further down the fall until he was the closet he could get without being seen.

"DAMN IT SHOTO I RAISED YOU BETTER THEN THIS" Endeavor yelled.

"I WONT USE IT, I'LL WIN THIS TOURNAMENT WITHOUT USING YOUR POWER!" Todoroki screamed back.

Endeavor raised his left arm and swung at his son. Landing a solid backhand right on the kids cheek. Todoroki stood his ground and didn't move a muscle. Izuku could feel the air getting thicker by the moment. He knew something was about to happen and it wasn't going to be pretty. Izuku quickly patted down his pocket and felt his phone. He quickly grabbed it and opened up his microphone app to record the impeding conversation.

"Thank god I'm an idiot and forgot to leave my phone in the room" Izuku mumbled to himself. He clicked the red button on his phone and waited for the two to start conversing again.

"Pathetic. I married your mother for the sole purpose of breeding a kid that had the power to surpass All Might. It took me a couple of try's until I finally got your ungrateful ass with a powerful quirk. You would be leading this school if you would accept your destiny and use your left side.

"I won't use my left. I'll never succumb to the darkness you give off and I'll become a pro hero all on my own. So leave me alone." Todoriki replied with venom in each word.

"Hmph" Endevour said as he walked towards his son. He pushed right through him and knocked Todoroki out of the way.

"Keep defying me, and I'll make your life even worse then I did your mothers." The flame hero whispered.