Chapter 54

Izuku sat at a park bench watching children and their family's run around having a good time. He felt the weight of the bench shift as a person took the spot next to him. Izuku peaked over to find his mentor sitting next to him with a large grin on his face.

"What's got you so happy?"

"As bad as it is, I'm glad me and you are here together. It would have been better if we were still alive but hey I'll take what I can get" Garou joked.

"What do you mean? Neither of us could complete what we started out too. Quirkless people are going to be looked down on. Hell it might be even worse because of you and I!" Izuku said annoyed.

"Hey kid relax. Just us others have had problems with how the quirkless are treated and after your broadcast in Kamino a lot of those people are starting to take action. They won't have as big an impact as you and I but over time that small ripple will turn to a tsunami."

"You sound like an idiot when you try to sound cool or smart" Izuku laughed as he punched Garou in the shoulder.

"Whatever kid. You're stuck with me here so deal with it." Garou mumbled as he rubbed the spot Izuku hit.

"Come on, let's go grab some food" Izuku said with a smile as he stood up.

"Kid we're dead. We don't need to eat." Garou replied.

"Oi shut it, I'm dead. That gives me every excuse to eat as much as a want!" Izuku cheered.

"Fine fine....... RACE YOU TO THE RAMIN PARK!" Garou yelled as he ran past Izuku.

"CHEATER!"
————————————————————————

Izuku turned the corner of the street and saw the park gate glistening in the sun. Approaching it was a gray haired man with pointy hair.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Izuku yelled as he pushed himself to his limit.

Izuku rocketed down the street dodging onlookers left and right. He jumped forward and reached his hand out to grab the back of his mentors shirt when suddenly Garou side stepped out of the way, leaving Izuku heading right for a street lamp.

"SHIT" Izuku screamed as be slammed into the pole causing it to fall over and crash onto the street.

"Look what you did kid, not even half a year into heaven and you're already breaking things" Garou laughed as he hoisted Izuku up.

"It's not my fault! You shouldn't have moved out of the way!" Izuku pouted.

"You shouldn't have assumed I would run in a straight line. You're lucky things are so easy to fix up here" Garou said as he ruffled Izukus green hair.

The gray haired man turned his attention to the broken street lamp. He pointed his arm towards the damage and snapped his fingers, causing a bright light to flash. As the light dimmed down it revealed a perfectly fixed lamp as if nothing happened.

"I still find it amazing we can more or less do anything we want or please up here. And we get weird powers like that" Izuku commented.

"Me too kid, but want to know what I like he most about being up here?"

"What?"

"The fact that quirks mean nothing anymore. Everyone up here can have a power if they choose. It's not bestowed upon them at birth." Garou said as he started his way back towards the ramen park.

"It really is amazing" Izuku replied with a big smile.

The two walked down the rest of the street and made their war into the park. As soon as they passed through the gate, the smell of noodles flooded Izukus nose. The duo sat down at a bench and admired the scenery for a little until a man came and asked for their orders.