Chapter 62

"Eri....."

"Pleaseeeeee" Eri begged as she made a pouty face.

Izuku felt his heard melt from the girl.

Fuck. We can't go. It's literally going to be filled with the most powerful hero's. I can barely take on Kacchan in this state, there's no way I could protect us.

"Eri we can't. It's too dangerous." Izuku stated as they made their way down the street.

"Why not?" The girl said annoyed.

Izuku felt a pang of annoyance shoot through him.

"Eri that's the UA sports festival, everything about it reeks of hero's. I'd never step foot in there."

"What's wrong with hero's." Asked Eri.

Izuku stopped dead in his tracks and lowered his head.

"Eri you were held against your will for most of your life and once I was brung back to life so was I. Both of us constantly went through some of the most inhumane beatings and you ask what's wrong with the hero's? Why didn't they ever come to save you Eri? How come you had to go through so much pain while they were doing nothing useful with their time?"

Eri didn't respond, she just lowered her head.

"And on top of that UA is home to the most brutal person I know, Kacchan. I don't have a quirk Eri and this guy made my life a living hell because of it. Everyday he would tell me to kill my self and that I was useless and now he's suppose to be the new number one hero. Why should we look up to someone like that Eri?" Izuku scoffed.

"Sorry" the girl whispered.

Izuku let out a deep breath and started walking again.

"Look I'm sorry Eri but hero's aren't good people. They just use that name for their own personal gain."

Eri nodded as silence formed between the two until Eri eventually spoke up.

"I wish I didn't have a quirk."

Izukus eyes widened at the girls statement.

"What was that?"

"I wish I never had a quirk. It's only brought me harm."

Izuku felt the lightbulb go off in his head.

"Someday Eri, I'll help you with that." Izuku said.

Izuku really wanted to tell her that he salvaged the bullets but decided other wise in case of any PTSD that could occur.

"I know it's not possible. I'll just have to live with this burden." Eri said sadly.

"Hey don't be getting down on me squirt. Your quirks not a burden and if you think it is, just never use it. You don't need a quirk to make a difference in this world Eri."

"I know. That's why I just to be just like you" She said happily.

"Huh, is that so?"

"Mhm"

Izuku smiled at the thought of Eri being like him. Well not really like him. Izuku wanted her to be better then himself.

"Hey we've got a little bit before it gets dark. Wanna go to the park?" Izuku asked.

"YES" Eri cheered.

Izuku let out a laugh at the girls sudden burst of excitement. He started their way towards one of the local parks but his mind was getting tripped up over a simple question.