Chapter 18

Izuku left the room angered with his conversation with All Might. Are quirkless people really that easy to forget about? He didn't even remember talking with me. Pathetic Izuku thought.

Izuku kept walking until he met up with Garou at the park.

"What's got you so pissed?" Garou laughed.

"I just hate how everyone's so fixated on freaking quirks. I hate it" Izuku said as he flailed his arms.

"Ya I get that kid, but don't worry. Remember why your at that school in the first place? To break down hero's" Garou joked as he lightly pushed Izuku.

"Ya I just can't wait to get out of that damn school" but that's not what Izuku actually thought. He really did enjoy all his classmates, even Kacchan has stayed out of his way.

"Don't worry kid that hell's going to be over soon. Also I heard about the sports festival, do you think your going to do good?" Asked Garou

"Oh please you and I both know I could place top three without even trying" Izuku rolled his eyes"

"Ya I know, also I gotta ask kid, what's up with your hair and eye?

"Being one hundred percent honest I don't have a clue" Izuku shrugged. "I woke up in the hospital after the USJ incident and the doctor told me I had some random cell mutations that caused the color change."

"I like it kid, don't let anyone else tell you different."

"I won'tl Izuku said as a smile crawled onto his face.

"Alright kid enough with the sappy shit, lets go hunt some hero's"
————————————————————————
Two weeks later

Izuku opened his eyes and peered to his left to see still Garou meditating. Izuku didn't really understand meditating but Garou said it strengthen the mind and helped become one with your body. Being honest Izuku had no idea what Garou meant by any of it but he know his mentor wouldn't teach him it if it wasn't important.

"You ready kid" Garou said with closed eyes.

"Ya I'm kinda scarred people might put two and two together and realize I have the same fighting style as you." Izuku explained.

"Don't worry about it kid, remember I'm not the only one that knows the style so people won't be able too that easily." Garou replied.

"Ya your right, are you going to watch?" Asked Izuku.

"Wouldn't miss it kid, I love watching you walk over these so called hero's. Now scram and go get ready you got a big day ahead of you"

"Ya ya I know dad" Izuku laughed as he watched Garoua face twist into horror as he quickly ran out of the park before Garou could stop him.
————————————————————————

All of class 1-A sat quietly in the waiting rooms. Waiting for their class to get called into the roaring arena. Izuku looked around at his classmates each one was doing their own little last minute preparations. Ilda was drinking his orange juice, Sato was eating a cupcake, and Bakugo looked pissed off as always. But the more izuku looked at him it wasn't anger in his eyes, but instead pure determination. The class made their way to a large tunnel way that led to the arena and Izuku could feel the ground shaking from the cheers. They walked down the dark hall, the light getting brighter and brighter until Izuku was the first to exit the darkness.

"HERE WE ARE LADYS AND GENTS THE KIDS THAT ARE NOT ONLY AT THE FRONT OF THE PACK BUT HAVE ALREADY HAD THEIR FAIR SHARE OF RUN INS WITH VILLIANS, CLASS 1-A!" yelled Present Mic.

The class looked around as the entire stadium exploded with cheering until Present Mics voice boomed over then.

"NEXT WE HAVE A CLASS THAT HASN'T HAD ANY RUN INS WITH THE VILLIANS BUT ARE STILL STRONG NON THE LESS, CLASS 1-B!"

The crowed kept cheering for all the classes to entered the arena. Once everyone was there Present Mic starting announcing who was going to be part of the festival.

"NOW LETS INTRODUCE YOU TO OUR LOVLY REFEREE FOR THE FESTAL. THE RATED R PRO HERO MIDNIGHT" the crowed roared for the pro hero as she appeared on the stage. You could tell some of the students and the crowd were uncomfortable by the hero's costume but most of the guys in the stadium seemed to enjoy it.

"NEXT UP WE HAVE CEMENTOSS, WHO WILL HELP US EOTH CREATING THE FIGHTING STAGE LATER ON. ALRIGHT PEOPLE WHOS READY FOR SOME ACTION"

As the arena was booming Midnight made her way onto the stage to start everything up.

"All right everybody before we start we have chosen one student to represent these great first years. Coming first in the entrance exam and hailing from class 1-A, Katsuki Bakugo!"

The class looked towards the hot head as he started his way towards the stage. He sulked his way up with his hands in his pockets and stood infront if the microphone.

"I just want everyone to know that I'm going to win this thing" Bakugo stated as stunted around and walked back towards his class.

His statement didn't sit well with a lot of people. Izuku heard some of the crowd yelling at him for being an arrogant ass, even some of his own classmates didn't agree with what he said.

"Come on Bakubro you can't say things like that." Commented Kirishima.

"Ya man that's not cool" Sero chimed in.

Izuku watched as Bakugo didn't pay them any attention. He knew exactly why he did that. Bakugo wanted to back himself into an corner so he could make this festival a real challenge for himself. By having everyone paint him as a jerk they might gun for him, making Bakugo get the challenge he was aching for.

"ALL RIGHT EVERYBODY FIRST OFF WE HAVE THE OBSTACLE COURSE. SO STUDENTS MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO THE STARTING LINE." Midnight cheered.

As the students made their way over to the starting line Izuku looked over his competition. He saw Todoroki by himself and figured to stay away from him. Izuku knew he had a good change at getting caught in his ice if he lost focus so best avoid that at all costs. He then looked over at Bakugo. The spiky blond had sparks shooting out of his palms, gaining him a weird glance from the kids who didn't know his quirk. Izuku figures he would try and start something instead of focusing on the race so best steer clear of him. Izuku settled on an area with some of the support class students who didn't pay him any attention. Why should they though? The school knows Izuku as the quirkless kid so a lot of them don't take him seriously. But Izuku was going to prove them wrong, he was going to beat every single one of them and show them you don't need a quirk to be successful.

Present Mic got back on the mic and started the countdown to get the race started.

"3"

Izuku got into his ready stance.

"2"

Izuku knew he could do it, he couldn't let himself down.

"1"

But izuku knew he wasn't trying so hard for himself. But instead he wanted to impress Garou and show him his training really had made a difference in his life.

"START"