Chapter 28

"Hey Todoroki can you turn on the news?" Asked Izuku.

"Sure"

The half and half user flicked on the news to see the attacks from all over Hosu. The main highlights were about Endeavors entire roster of sidekicks being taken out through the city due to the Hero Hunter. They also talked about how an unknown assailant took down the Hero Killer.

Izuku thought it was stupid him and Ilda couldn't get any recognition since they weren't full fledged hero's. They should get the credit. They took a villain off the streets.

The TV brung Izuku out of his thoughts when it starting blasting loudly. He glanced up to see what the commotion on screen was about, but once he was the screen he already knew what was happening.

A picture of the number two hero was shown and it didn't look good for him.

"BREAKING NEWS, sorry to interrupt your program but within the last 5 minutes we have gotten shocking news on our number two hero! An audio file has been leaked that sounds like a conversation between the hero and his son. In the conversation we hear Endeavor telling his son he only married his mom to produce a kid with a powerful quirk and on top of that we also see him threaten his own son. The hero states he will make his sons life worse then his moms and after some digging we were able to find out more of what he meant. Around 10 years ago Endeavor checked his wife into a mental hospital with no valid reason. It was found that he bribed workers there to keep his wife from leaving. We are also now getting another video from an anonymous source that was recorded tonight. Viewer discretion is advised."

Izuku watched as the Tv showed a recording of him in Hosu tonight. The clip showed everything from the moment the Nomu burst through the wall, all the way up to Endeavors spear hitting and knocking out Izuku.

"As you can see folks the number two hero's reckless actions led to a minor being hospitalized. That's all the information we have at the moment but stay tuned for more breaking news."

Ilda and Izuku slowly looked towards Todoroki who was staring at the floor.

"Todoroki are you-"

But Izuku didn't get to finish what he was saying. Todoroki had gotton up and stormed out of the room, leaving Ilda and Izuku alone.

"It's ok Midoriya he must be going through a lot right now and as his friends we will help him get through it." Ilda spoke up.

"Ya your right" Izuku mumbled.

The night ended as Izuku and Ilda where finally discharged from the Hospital. As they got outside they said their goodbyes to one another and went their separate ways. But before they could a dog like man stopped them.

"I'll get right to the chase my name is Kenji Tsuragamae and I'm the chief of police in Hosu. You both caused a lot of trouble tonight but I will also thank you for your actions. The Hero Killer was a threat that must have been taken care of and I am grateful. But you two did cross the line. Neither of you have your hero licenses yet meaning you shouldn't be using your quirks. You're very lucky that I was able to keep you uncharged for your actions. Woof" The man explained.

"Im very sorry sir for my actions, I will make sure to once again follow what it means to be a hero!" Ilda replied as he bowed.

Izuku stared up at the dog man and was met by his gaze.

"I did nothing wrong. I don't have a quick so I didn't break any laws. I only defended myself with my own natural ability's." Izuku said with a cold glare.

"The Nomu are bioengineered creatures made from dead humans but are somehow given new life. What you did tonight could be classified as murder. Something far worse then unlicensed quirk usage. I must be going now. Please get home safe." The poultice chief replied as he walked passed the two.

Izuku stared down at the ground. He had killed someone. The one thing Garou had told him never to do.

"Midoriya please do not listen to the police chief. He may be a very smart man but he was incorrect on his statement. You saved many lives tonight and he said the Nomu was already dead. So it scientifically can not be murder." Ilda explained.

"Thanks Ilda but I'm going to need some time alone if you don't mind"

"I understand Midoriya. I will see you at school next week.

"Ya, see you too Ilda."

The two went their separate ways as Ildas family was there to pick him up while Izuku went to catch a train. As Izuku got off the train and made his way to his house he decided to clear his head and walk through the park where he and Garou first met. He walked and sat on the bench and closed his eyes. He sat their for a couple of minutes until he felt the bench shift due to more weight being added.

"How you holding up kid?"

"I've been better, I feel like shit"

"Ya you took a nasty blow today"

"That's not what I meant Garou! I killed someone tonight. Those Nomu things are live bioengineered creatures made from dead people!" Shouted Izuku. Garou looked towards Izuku and put his hand on his shouder.

"Kid listen to yourself, you killed a dead person. Practically the same thing as a zombie. There's nothing wrong with that. Ok?" Asked Garou.

"I just don't know Garou. What if I eventually do cross that line?" Izuku asked with tears forming in his eyes.

"Kid when I first met you I saw a lot of myself in you. But you never had the same malicious look in your eyes. You're better then me and that's one of the reasons I taught you. I know you'll be tempted to cross that line someday but I know your stronger then me and won't succumb to the pressure."

"Damn it Garou. I hate you sometimes" Izuku said with a laugh as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"I know kid" Garou said with a grin.

"Now go home and get some rest."
———————————————————————
Nothing really happened for Izuku in the next couple of days. His internship ship had already ended and all he had to look forward too was training with Garou and school.

As the days continued Izuku finally went back to school. He walked into class and instantly all eyes were on him.

"Hey Deku how was your internship?" Uraraka asked.

"Uhm it's not what I expected but I learned a good amount" replied Izuku.

"How's you shoulder?" She questioned.

"Did everyone see that video!" Izuku said as he flailed his arms.

"More or less" Uraraka said trying to comfort Izuku.

Izuku went to reply when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Todoroki giving him a death glare.

"Outside after class" Todoroki growled.

Izuku slowly turned and was met by Uraraka with a similar face.

"Shit"