Chapter 38

Izuku hit the ground running and made their way towards the main area of the camp. If this really was an attack from the league then there was no doubt more villains here. As Izuku pushed through the branches he felt Kotas grip tighten on his shoulders followed by a gasp. Izuku looked to where Kota was and saw an unconscious body on the ground.

"Kota cover your eyes for a second. Ok?" Asked Izuku.

The boy nodded in approval as he closed his eyes and buried his face into Izukus shoulder. Izuku walked over to the body and looked it over. It was hard to tell much about the guy, his entire body was covered besides a hole where his mouth was. Izuku leaned down and lifted his arm and noticed all the places his suit was ripped open.

"Hmh" Izuku scoffed with a smirk. From the rips and tears on that body there was no way it came from someone's quirk. And to make it even better the marks matched what the outcome would be if you were to fight a highly skilled martial arts user, specifically one of the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist style. Which means Izukus mentor was somewhere in the woods.

"Hey Midoriya, can I ask you something?" Asked Kota as he felt Izuku move away from the body.

"Ya Kota. What's up?"

"Uhm why did the man up there ask you to join them? Your not a villain right?" Kota asked quietly.

Izuku took a deep breath and thought about how he wanted to answer it.

"Look Kota I'll be honest with you, I didn't really have that good of a childhood and I may have gotten myself into some bad spots. But I'm trying to get out of them now and really help people. If I really was a villain, do you think I would have risked my life to save you?" Izuku replied with a serious tone.

"No I don't think you would have. I get what you mean about not having the best childhood and it's good that you're trying to make a difference. It shows that you really have what it takes to be a hero.""

"Thanks Kota. I think I see everyone and if you don't mind could you not mention anything that guy said? It's been a long night and I don't want my past causing anymore problems" Pleaded Izuku.

Kota nodded his head as Izuku pushed through the last couple of trees that led to the clearing. As him and Kota stepped into the open it wasn't a pretty site. Classmates laid scattered across the open area unconscious. A good amount of them also had cuts and bruises. Izuku looked around until he found Mandalay and walked over with Kota.

"Excuse me Mandalay, I found Kota." Izuku said interrupting her conversation.

Mandalay turned around and instantly grabbed Kota and wrapped him in a big hug.

"Thank you Midoriya"

"No problem" Izuku said as he started his way back towards his classmates but noticed not all of them where there.

"Anyone see Kacchan?" But within moments of Izuku asking the blond broke through the tree line with a few others. Bakugo walked in with a body over his shoulder. But then Izuku saw his classmates carrying three more body's. Bakugo walked up to Izuku and sneered before tossing the body he was carrying onto the ground as the rest of his classmates followed the action.

"Where the hell were you Deku? And why the he'll do you look even more different now" Bakugo scoffed.

"I was saving a freaking kids life Kacchan. And I'm just as confused as you about my appearance changing." Izuku said annoyed.