Chapter 19

Izuku ran forward through the large tunnel of students. As he was running he watched as everyone pushed each other instead of focusing on their own. Idiots. Izuku got towards the end of the tunnel only to feel a sudden shift in temperatures and instinctively jumped into the air. He was lucky he did because not a second later the ground turned to ice, incasing students that weren't so lucky.

"Damn todoroki your really not going easy are you? Thought Izuku.

Izuku landed on the ice and used his momentum to skate across gaining speed. He could see the front runners in front of him, Todoroki in the lead, Bakugo closing the gap between the two, and surprisingly Mineta was ahead of him. But that thought was cut short when a metal fist connected to the purple headed kids face, sending him flying into a concrete wall.

"Huh they're using the same robots as the entrance exam, too easy."

Izuku avoided all the robots he could so the student behind him still had to fight them off. Izuku was making good progress until he saw a one of the zero pointers from the test flaking right at him. Izukus body acted on its own as he lept right up towards the falling robot and spun his body. His rotations picked up until he was a swirling missile of blue and as he connect with the robot he went right though, ripping a clean hole all the way through the metal. Izuku landed and started running, not worried about anything else but himself. He knew that his classmates might need his help but not this time. They need to do this on their own or they don't deserve to be here in the first place.

Izuku made it to the second part of the course. A large ravine with some random rocks and a rope connecting the two sides. Izuku watched as Todoroki slid across on his ice while Kacchan just propelled himself over. Izuku didn't hesitate and ran full speed towards the rope. He lept onto it and starting running across it like it was nothing.

"Is this suppose to be hard" Izuku laughed to himself.

Then Izuku made it to the last part of the race, the mine field. Shit.

Izuku stopped to think about what to do as he watched the two front runners fought in the middle of the field until a devilish idea popped into his head. Izuku jumped into the kind field and ran as fast he could. His foot steps were light and fast enough that he didn't set off the mines but he couldn't keep doing this. He had to catch up to the leaders fast or he would eventually set a mine off.

"LOOK AT THESE TWO GO AT IT BUT DONT FOCUS ON THEM TOO MUCH. HERE COMES IZUKU MIDORIYA HOPING TO TAKE THE LEAD!" Yelled Present Mic.

Damn right I'll take the lead Izuku thought as he finally caught up to the two.

"YOU DAMN HALF AND HALF BASTARD YOU CANT BEAT ME!" Bakugo yelled.

Izuku took this as his moment to strike and cut into the conflict. "Don't worry about him Kacchan I'm not one you need to worry about."

Bakugo swung his left arm towards Izuku as Todoroki extended his right to grab him, just as Izuku hoped they would. He quickly grabbed their shoulders and pushed himself up off the ground. As the two aggressors were confused on the action Izuku grabbed their arms and used his moment to backflip the two behind him and into the ground. As soon as they made contact with the ground a mine went off exploding on the two and at the same time throwing Izuku forward out of the field.

Izuku stood up and watched as the two got up from the explosion and had burns covering their body's. Bakugo glare could have killed anyone but Izuku didn't care, this was nothing compared to the pain he put him through as a kid. Izuku did feel bad though about having the fire and ice user get caught in the cross fire but this was a competition and people sometimes get hurt. So deal with it Izuku thought. Izuku turned his heel and ran down the tunnel that led to the arena. As he made it into the area a their were a good amount of cheers but also some shocked glances in the crowd. They just witnessed a student put his classmates into harms way to further themselves. That's not something a hero would usually do but Izuku could care less. He wasn't here to be a hero so it didn't matter to him.

"FIRST PLACE GOES TO CLASS 1-A's IZUKU MIDORIYA, AND IN SECOND AND THIRD KATSUKI BAKUGO AND SHOTO TODOROKI" Present Mic yelled over the speakers.

As the rest of the students finished Izuku didn't pay them any attention at all and decided to stretch out fit the next part. Izuku got some dark glances from his fellow competitors so he assumed they must have heard about what happened in the mind field. But maybe it could work to his advantage and avoid him.

"ALL RIGHT EVERYBODY NEXT UP WE WILL HAVE A CALVARY BATTLE, SO GET INTO GROUPS OF FOUR AND GET READY.

Midnight get yelling about the directions and Izuku didint think it would be that hard until she mentioned the first place point value.

"Since Izuku Midoriya places first in the obstacle coarse he will have the privilege of having the 10,000,000 point headband."

"Shit. If they were avoiding me already then I'm going to be a ghost now" Izuku mumbled under his breath.

"Hey Deku do you want to be on a team?" Uraraka asked as she walked up to him.

"Uhm sure but aren't you worried about me being a big target?" Replied Izuku.

"Well at first I was but then I realized that your one of the strongest out here so you can handle more or less anything thrown at you." Uraraka said happily.

"Thanks but we need to find two more people and from the looks of it, that might be hard." As Izuku was talking with Uraraka another student came and cut into their conversation.

"Hi I'm Hatsume, I noticed you guys need another member so I'm here to help"

Izuku pinches his nose seeing as the girl didn't look like much help but he knew he had to find another teammate so he had no choices

"Sure screw it why not" Izuku said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Do worry about me Midoriya. I'm from the support class so I can use support items. So we can an edge over everyone" Hatsume explained.

Izuku nodded at her and started to look for their last teammate.

"Perfect" Izuku said as the two girls watched him walk across the arena.

"Tokoyami it looks like your in need of a team, and lucky for us we need one member so what do you say" Izuku said as he extended his hand for Toloyami to take.

The bird headed classmate looked down at Izukus hand before growing a smirk on his face. He grabbed Izukus hand and shook as the two girls made their way over to talk strategy for the expected battles ahead.