Chapter 32

Izuku woke up and looked at his surroundings. He saw he was back in the infirmary. Again. And on the other side of the room was Bakugo passed out. Izuku knew the drill already at this point so he clicked the button to call for assistance so he could get out of here. In a couple of minutes he heard the door open to reveal Recovery Girl.

"How bad am I?" Asked Izuku.

"Oh your not that bad. We just had to get you hooked up to an IV for a little bit and you'd be fine. Your friend on the other hand isn't so well. He suffered a mild concussion and a broken arm. He also overused his quirk so he'll have to deal with some pain whenever he uses it for the next couple of weeks."

"Ah. So what your saying is I'm good to be discharged?" he questioned.

Recovery girl let out a big sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Yes it does" She said as Izuku hopped out of the bed and was already making his way to the door.

"Thank you" he yelled as he sprinted down the hallway.

He busted through the doors and took off towards the park by his house hoping to catch up with Garou. He made it just in time as Garou was leaving the park as Izuku got there.

"Hey kid, how you going?" Garou asked as he ruffled Izukus red hair.

"Pretty good I passed my exams with flying colors"

"Of course you would kid. You're a nerd" Garou said with a laugh.

"Ya ya whatever. So who's the lucky target tonight?" Questioned Izuku.

"Heh. He's actually one of your teachers if I'm not wrong. Present Mic usually hangs out at one of the local bars around midnight so I think I'll catch up with him on his way home." Garou explained.

"You have that in the bag. During our exams he was taken out by two of the weakest students in the class." Izuku said.

"Perfect kid, also we need to talk about something important. With the amount of attention we're both getting it's only a matter of time before the connection is made."

"I don't know Garou. I don't think anyone has a clue. We even have our summer training camp coming up. They have no clue" Izuku said annoyed.

"Don't be so naive kid. If you act like that their going to catch you with your pants down. Keep your guard up at all times and remember why you're there in the first place. Your there to tear down the future hero's, not be friends with them." Garou said as he flicked Izukus forehead.

"I'm going to follow you when you go on your summer camp or whatever it is and when the time is right, we'll strike. UA is already losing credibility with what happened at USJ and once the news finds out one of the hero hunters infiltrated their ranks. Then it'll speed up their downward spiral."

"Ya your right" Izuku said quietly as he kicked a rock on the ground.

"It'll be ok kid. Just remember why we're doing this" Garou said as he placed his hand on Izukus shoulder.

"Now come on. We'll relax a bit before I need to get to work."

"Ya work" Izuku laughed as he did air quotes with his fingers.

The two left the park and made their way to downtown and stopped at a ramen shop to grab dinner. They got their food and disappeared into an alleyway before climbing up to the roofs to sit down.

"You know kid, I get that it's got to be hard having to act like a hero and having people care about you. But just remember what what would have happened if you never had power in the first place. It would go back to like how it was in middle school. The constant bullying and hating everything, by the time were done with everything quirkless people won't have to deal with what we had to." Garou said as sat down.

"I know Garou it's just hard because I do care about some of them, they all like me for being me, and I met the nicest girl."

"Woah woah woah kid a girl? Be carful with that. Girls are bad enough but on top of that she's a hero too. I wouldn't pursue that. It'll bite you in the ass."

"Ya I guess" Izukus whispered.

The two sat in silence the rest of the night before Izuku finally decided to take off. He said his goodbyes and made his way down to the streets. He walked for a little bit and eventually he made his way home. He quietly opened his door and found his mother at the kitchen table.

"Hi mom" Izuku spoke up.

"IZUKU HONEY YOUR OK" Inko yelled as she suffocated Izuku in a hug.

"I heard what happened during your exams are you sure you're alright?" Inko asked with a worried look.

"Of course I am mom. It was just a couple of scratches here and there" Izuku said with a smile.

"Oh alright honey I just want you to be safe."

"I know mom. I'm pretty tired so I'm going to head to bed"

"Alright dear. I love you"

"Love you too mom" Izuku said as he shut his door. He turned and slid back against his door until he was sitting on the ground. Izuku pulled his knees up to his face and buried his face into them trying to resolve the conflicts in his mind.

"She can't know, it would destroy her to know what I've become. Or maybe she'll understand? But what if she doesn't?"

Izuku took a deep breath and made his way to bed. He would figure out that situation later down the road but for right now all he needed was some sleep.
————————————————————————

"Alright class settle down. With final exams finishing up we are now ready to prepare for the summer training camp." Aizawa spoke to his class.

"Oh man. I was really looking forward to going." Mina pouted.

"Same, make sure you guys have a great time for me" Kirishima spoke up.

"Quiet down. As a handful of you actually did fail your exams UA has made the executive decision to still allow you to attend the camp. They believe with the increased crime rate we need all the hero's we can get. Being honest I could care less if you came or not but oh well, I'm stuck with you now. Well leave within the next couple of days so be packed and ready for when the call is given. Class dismissed" Aizawa said as he starting zipping up his sleeping bag.

"LETS GO" Kaminari yelled as Sero patted him on the pack.

"Looks like we're all going to get to have a good summer break." Sero said with a grin.

"Hey does anyone want to go to the mall since we got out of class early? Asked Hagakure.

"I actually was actually thinking the same thing. I need to get some better weights if we're going to be gone for a while." Kirishima said.

"All right it's settled we're all going to the mall!" Uraraka cheered with the rest of the class.

As everyone was making their way out the door Kirishima stayed behind and looked towards his blond haired friend still in his seat.

"You coming Bakubro?"

"Fuck no, I'm going to get some more training in" Bakugo scoffed as he stood up and passed by his friend.

Kirishima watched as his friend left the classroom and turned to head towards the teachers lounge.

"Huh weird" Kirishima said to himself before realizing he was falling behind and took off to catch up with the rest of his class.