Chapter 63

Day of the cultural festival

Deku and Eri walked down the street on their way to grab some hot chocolate from a local vendor. As the two walked Izuku smiled as Eri ran circles around him from how exited she was to try the new drink.

"Calm down Eri." Izuku laughed.

"I can't, it sounds so good! Chocolate but it's a drink and it's warm! How are you not Deku?" Eri asked as she jumped up and down.

Izuku scooped her up and ruffled her hair.

"Maybe it's because I've had something even better then hot chocolate."

"There's something better then hot chocolate?" Eri asked with wide eyes.

"Mhm, candy apples. They're perfect and once it becomes their season I'll get you as many as you want" Izuku said as he flipped the girls hood up.

"Ooooooo"

Eventually the two made it to their destination. It was an older style house that had vegetation growing on the outside. It was hard to find considering it was hidden unless you were right in front of the establishment.

"I hope they still have some, that magazine article said they were having a sale on their most expensive drinks." Eri chimed in as Izuku opened the door.

"They should, the sale was mainly on their tea products so we'll be fine."

The two waited around until the barista called them over to order. After ordering two hot chocolates and paying, Izuku and Eri made their way to the other end of the counter to get their drinks.

"Two hot chocolates!" Another one of the workers called.

Izuku and Eri both walked up and grabbed their drinks. As they started to turn away the worker quickly tapped Izuku on the shoulder.

"Excuse me sir but do you and your sister have any other plans for the rest of the day?"

"Uhm we actually don't, why do you ask?"

"Well our boss gave us each 2 tickets to get into the UA cultural festival. I don't really have an interest in going but I'd be happy to give you them." The worker said cheerfully.

"Oh I would hate to take them away from you but thanks for the offer." Izuku said as he walked away from the counter.

He peaked behind him to make sure Eri was following him but as he sat down he found the girl lagging behind.

"Here I insist that you take them. And if your brother doesn't take you, make sure to give him a slap on the head for me." The worker said as she handed Eri an envelope.

Eri went to hand the tickets back but suddenly the other employee called her co to come help back at the front. Eri stood there for a second confused before looking over at Izuku for instructions on what to do.

Izuku let out a deep exhale and waved for her to come sit down. As Eri jumped into the chair Izuzku slid the tickets over in front of him.

"Nothing to worry about Eri. Well just throw them away when we're leaving. Now let's see how good this hot chocolate is!"

The girl nodded excitedly as she held the drink to her lips. Izuku smiled as he watched Eri squeal from how good it was.

"So how is it?" Izuku asked.