Chapter 17

Izuku hearing was the first thing to come back to him. He could here small murmurs and constant beeps. He must still be in the hospital and it's just the machines. Izuku tried to open his eyes but all he saw was darkness.

Holy shit, and I blind Izuku thought. He started to panic and tried to move the rest of his body. He couldn't move anything besides his right arm.

"Oh my god, he's moving! Call the nurse!" Someone yelled.

Izuku stopped struggling and waited. He heard the door open again and heard the nurse clear her throat.

"I'm glad your awake izuku and I'm sure you have a lot of questions. I can't answer a lot of them but I can try to to the best of my ability."

"Am I blind?" Izuku dryly said.

"Oh gosh no darling we have bandages on your entire head to try and close some of the cuts. I actually think I'm able to take them off now if you want?" The nurse asked.

"Yes please"

The nurse grabbed some scissors and cut the back a couple of strands of bandage so she could start unwrapping. Izuku felt started to see the bright light through the bandages as they got thinner and thinner until everything went white. He rubbed his eyes a couple of times before looking around the room. In front of him the nurse stood with a smile on her face, but Izuku got a different look from the window side of the room. Their sat Uraraka, Todoroki, Ilda, and Kirishima who all had faces of discomfort.

"What's wrong?" Izuku asked

"Uhm Deku, your right eye and your hair are red now." Uraraka whispered.

"What do you mean red"

"Dude your hair and eye are straight up red and the hospital can't explain it" blurred out Kirishima.

Izuku looked over to the nurse hoping she would give him so sort of explanation but he didn't really get was he was looking for.

"We ran some tests as we were checking out your vitals to see what happened. We originally thought that it was stained and dried blood that would wash out but after you were cleaned up nothing changed. The tests came back without showing any abnormalities, the only thing we could find were some of your cells had a unknown mutation to them.

"What kind of mutation?" asked Izuku.

"That's the thing we don't know. We took some of your blood and retested it but nothing harmful came out of it. It's just like a regular cell with an mutation we've never seen before.

"So I'm fine?" Izuku asked as he looked up at the nurse.

"Well for the most part you are. But you suffered multiple broken bones, shattered ribs, a fractured skull, and crushed femur and internal bleeding. You should be bed ridden for the next couple of months." The nurse explained.

"We should go" Todoroki spoke up.

"You are right Todoroki, it would be very unwise to be late for class. We will be back later to visit Midoryia. Please get better." Ilda said as the other students got up and followed him out.

The nurse went to follow but Izuku stopped her on her way out.

"Excuse me nurse"

She turned to look at him.

"Is there anyway you can run the tests again? I fell perfectly fine" Izuku said.

"I'm sure it's just because of the medication dear you should get some rest." She said as she turned around to leave but was stopped when Izuku spreader in front of her blocking her way.

"I don't think you quite heard me right. Let's re run the test"
———————————————————————

Back at UA the day was almost over and Aizawa got up to give the last announcements before dismissal.

"You all know you've been working hard to further yourselves but the time is coming to show everyone else that. In two weeks UA will host its annual-" But before Aizawa could finish the door to the class flung open.

"Sorry I'm late and. Aizawa. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to get discharged from the hospital" Izuku said as he made his way to his seat.

"Uhm Deku, I thought you were suppose to be bed ridden for the next couple of months" Uraraka spoke up.

"So did I, but they ran some tests and found out my body responded really well to the meds rich speeded up the process." Izuku explained.

"Oh that so cool" Uraraka said with a smile.

Aizawa studied Izuku as he sat down before starting to talk again.

"As I was saying the UA sports festival is coming up in a couple of weeks so you need to be prepared. Classes will be very light up until the competition so each of you have no excuse to not be training. This is very important on your path to becoming hero's, so don't screw it up. Class dismissed.

As everyone got up and at started to leave class Ilda and Uraraka made their way over to Izuku.

"Hey Deku do you want to train with us since we have nothing else to do?" Asked Uraraka.

"I would love too but I can't. I'm trying to learn some new techniques and I just need to be by myself to be the most efficient." Izuku said.

"That is very wise if you Midoriya. I respect the fact that you are putting training very first in your life. I hope you learn your technique before the festival" Ilda explained.

"Thanks Ilda, ill see you guys later" Izuku said as he grabbed his things and made his way to the door.

Once Izuku was off school grounds he made his way towards the park him and Garou would usually meet up at but someone stopped him when he felt a large hand on his shoulder. Izuku turned to look at who stopped him and was surprised to see All Might standing over him.

"Young Midoriya do you have a second to talk" All Might boomed.

"Uhm sure. What's up?"

"Come with me and I'll explain"

The two made their way back into UA and All Might led him to a empty classroom.

"Young Midoriya do you ever wish you had a quirk?" Asked All Might.

"At one time I did, but not anymore" Izuku replied.

"Why is that?"

"Do you not remember All Might?" Izuku asked with some irritation in his voice.

"What do you mean young Modoriya?"

"You really have no clue do you? Izuku laughed. "Around six months ago the slime Villian that you defeated, ya I was the boy you saved, remember now? The Kid that you told couldn't be a hero without a quirk!" Izuku yelled.

Everything clicked for All Might and pain shot across his face.

"Young Midoriya I can explain"

"Cut that crap All Might I don't need your pity. I don't hold anything against you but I am going to prove you wrong. I'm going to prove the number one hero wrong about needing a quirk to be a hero all on my own. So to answer your question All Might I don't wish I had a quirk, it's actually the complete opposite. I'm blessed to be quirkless because I see the world from a completely different perspective then all of you. And once I'm a hero I'll change everyone's else's opinion so being Quirkless isn't like having a terrible disease. Izuku said as he grabbed his thing to leave.

"I'll see you later All Might" Izuku said as he grabbed his bag and left the pro hero in front of him speechless.