Chapter 23

"All right class with the sports festival over we'll be going right into the next chapter of your study's. This is going to be different though as you will not be taught in this classroom but instead on the streets. Pro Hero's use the festival as a chance to scout out potential sidekicks and offer them internships. Each of you will participate in an internship and be graded based on your performance. As you can see each of you had some but this year the offers were more clustered. Aizawa said as he motioned to the board behind him.

Izuku looked over the board. Todoroki got the most amount of offers followed by Bakugo. Izuku wasn't surprised with that, they were both strong so they deserved it. But what did catch Izuku off guard was numbers. Out of the entire class Izuku ranked 6th to last. Damn.

"Each of you will be given two days to pick where you will intern and the decision will be final. You leave on Monday so be ready." The teacher explained as he passed out papers to each student.

Izuku glanced over his list to see what offers he got. The highest of the list was Best Jeanist.

"Deku who are you going to intern with?" Uraraka asked pulling Izuku out of his thoughts.

"Uhm I don't know yet to be honest" Izuku replied while rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm going to go intern under Gun Head" Uraraka stated proudly.

Izukus eyes widen at what his classmate just said. "Gun Head? I thought he got beaten down by the hero hunter"

"Well he did but he's out of the hospital now and is back on the job.

"Oh"

"What about you Ilda?" Asked Uraraka.

"I will be interning with Manual in Hosu City" Ilda replied while looking down at his feet.

The class went on for a little longer but nothing really happened. Izuku listened in to his classmates conversations on where they would be interning at. He heard Mineta will be with Mount Lady, Kirishima with Fourth Kind, and Bakguo with All Might. Izuku scoffed at the thought of Bakugo getting special attention from All Might. He knew something was going on between them but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Class sit down, we have one more important matter to attend to before your internships and that is picking your hero names. I'm not the best at this so Midnight will be helping you all and approving names."

As Aizawa finished talking the door swung open to reveal the rated R hero.

"All right everybody these names are going to be permanent so choose wisely. Each name should represent something about you and you should be proud to call yourself that. Don't pick a random name because you may regret it, isn't that right Eraser Head?" Midnight joked with the other teacher.

"Whatever" Aizawa said quietly as he pulled up his sleeping bag and drifted right off into sleep.

"I'll pass out whiteboards for you all to brainstorm ideas." Midnight cheered as she starting to pass out the supply's.

Izuku stared at the board in front of him and slipped into his deep thoughts. He had no idea what to put as his hero name. He never thought he would make it this far. And regardless of his name he wasn't a hero, he would never be one. Izuku looked up from his board to see everyone had more or less chosen their names already. The only two left was him and Bakugo.

"King Explosion Murder" Bakugo said to the room.

"Definitely not" the pro hero commented.

"WHY NOT YOU DAMN SLUT" Bakugo yelled at her.

"Because it's not a heroic name, try again" she said irritated as the explosive blond made his way back to his seat.

Izuku looked down at his board and a memory popped into his head.

"Doesn't it mean you can do it?"

A smile grew on his face as Izuku knew what his hero name would be. He wrote down the work and walked his way to stand in front of the class. He turned the board around and everyone was silent until Sero spoke up.

"Deku? I thought that was an insult?"

"It was but someone changed my view on the word not long ago. And I'm proud to be called Deku now." Deku said as he flashed a smile at Uraraka.

"Awwwww you guys are so cute together" Mina squealed.

Both Izukus and Urarakas faces flushed red as Izuku made his way back to his seat.

"All right that's everyone Bakugo you need to come up with a name soon. So let me know when you figure it out. You guys are dismissed." Midnight called.

Izuku quickly grabbed his things and ran out of the room before Uraraka could catch up to him. He had no idea why he was so embarrassed by Minas comment. Izuku shook it off and ran towards the park to find Garou eating some ramen.

"Looks good. Get me anything?" Asked Izuku.

"Shut up kid, what's with the paper? Garou said motioning you the paper Izuku was holding.

"Oh it's my list of possible internships for next week. Apparently the Pros watched the festival and want me to work under them for a week." Izuku replied.

"Let me see it" Garou yawned with an outstretched arm.

Izuku handed him the paper and watched as he skimmed through the hero's names.

"Huh, thought you would get some better offers but I can see why you didn't. You beat down your opponents so much they don't even want to touch you" Garou said with a laugh.

Izuku chuckled at the comment but stopped when he saw his mentor freeze up.

"What's wrong?" Asked Izuku.

Garou didn't saw anything. He just stayed still and stared at the paper.

"Garou what the hell" Izuku said starting to sound scarred.

Garou handed the paper back to Izuku.

"Number 43 on the list, honorary pro hero Silver Fang. Otherwise known as my sensi." Garou said with a whisper.

Izukus heart skipped a beat. The man that taught Garou everything he knows just offered to him to take those same steps. But why would he get an offer from Silver Fang? He's not even a real pro hero. Can I even intern there?

"I don't know what to tell you kid, that man is not a pro hero and if he is he's not associated with ours pros. He's a smart man so he has a good chance at connecting you to me. I just don't see why he would reach out to you." Garou explained.

"Maybe its an ambush." Izuku reasoned.

"He's smart not a genius kid. He knows your in the hero course trying to become a hero. He wouldn't reach out to just ambush a kid. He's not like that. From a logical standpoint he would be the best mentor besides me. He created both the water steam rock smashing fist technique and the abandonment."

"Woah"

"If you want to intern under him I won't stop you. But if you do. you need to tell him me and you have no connections anymore. Make up something about you learning from me and then going off on your own to be a hero once you realized I'm against them." Garou said.

"I guess it's settled then. I'm going to learn from your master."