The Papers-v. 1

TW: Creep, stalkers ahead! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robin.

His "nemesis". 

There had to be a way to get this kid from putting kinks in his operation. 

A way to get Robin to hang up that cape for good.

For a Robin to stop flying. 

After all, what's in a name? 

Especially in this business, a name is just a mask from who's really underneath.

If he got a real name, he got a real way to stop Robin from fighting crime. 

A real name meant you had things and people to protect. 

A family

Friends

Neighbors.

And with a bleeding heart like Robin's, no doubt this would work. 

A steely blue-grey eye sparkled with joy.

He had some calls to make. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pictures littered the desk in front of him.

Robin.

An unmasked Robin. 

More specific, a Richard Grayson

Young eight to sixteen year-old Richard Grayson at all different angles. 

A small stack of papers, sitting amongst the pictures, but only one stood out to Slade Wilson.

An unsigned adoption paper. 

Richard Grayson was never adopted by a one Bruce Wayne, as it turns out. 

Which will make his plans even easier to execute

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dick sighed as he looked down at his phone. 

There were several missed calls.

He was currently in his bedroom in the Titans Tower, pacing around. 

Anxiety rolled off of him as he saw how many calls he missed, but also from whom he missed. 

Alfred- 5 missed calls

Bruce- 3 missed calls

There had to be something wrong.

Dick sighed as he flung himself onto his bed, clicking on Alfred's contact.

The familiar dial noises filled his right ear. 

"Master Dick! Thank goodness you called back!" Alfred sounded so worried, and tired. 

"Alfred, what's wrong?" Dick asked, a knot in his stomach that hasn't unclenched even at Alfred's voice. 

"Master Dick, I was calling to see how your "trip" is going." Alfred said.

Dick frowned, knowing that someone was now listening into Alfred's side of the conversation, and maybe even his words.

"My trip is great! I've met a lot of people so far. The classwork I'm doing is a bit strenuous, but nothing I can't handle!" Dick's voice sounded cheery and almost sickly sweet. 

"I'm glad to hear that, Master Dick. I was just calling for our weekly check-up." Alfred's voice sounded a bit strained. 

He's uncomfortable with whomever is there. 

"Is it that time already? I must've been so busy this week, I didn't even notice!" Dick faked a laughed.

Suddenly, the alarm went off in the Tower.

"Uhm, I have to go Alfie. My friends and I were just about to go out together. I'll call you back later, okay?" Dick asked. Translation: I WILL be calling when I get back from patrol. 

"Of course, Master Dick. Have fun and be safe!" Alfred's voice lightened just a bit.

He hung up after the quick bye. 

He had a villain to defeat. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cinderblock went down with a satisfying thud. 

"Dang, I should've gotten answers first." Dick clenched his jaw and fists in frustration. 

A steady, low beeping caught his attention. 

In Cinderblock's hand, there sat a tracker. 

Right to Slade. 

'Game over, Slade.' Dick smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"On the contrary, Slade. We just went into overtime!" Robin smirked.

"Robin. My, my. I thought you'd be faster in defeating Cinderblock." Slade smirked at Robin came into the middle of the gears room.

"What?" Robin was confused.

"This was a trap." Realization dawned on Robin's face. 

"Really? I couldn't tell." Slade smirked, throwing a folder in front of Richard.

The folder sprayed open and dozens of pictures of Richard Grayson littered the floor. 

Papers, documents, pictures. The evidence was all over the floor in front of him.

Robin couldn't deny it to Slade. 

"So, Richard Grayson." Slade purred, his eye gleaming. 

He had Robin right where he wanted him.

And from the shock on Richard's face, Slade could tell that Robin knew that too.

"I know who your whole 'family' is. Well, who was your family." Slade taunted. 

"What did you do to them?!" Richard clenched his fists and rage visibly shook him.

"You mistake me, Richard. I haven't done anything to your family. Nor your friends yet." Slade purred. 

"On the contrary, I only have my eyes on you." Slade explained, throwing another piece of paper onto the ground in front of Robin.

Adoption of Richard John Grayson

Court Approved

The official seal of the Gotham Court followed by a black signature made the air around Dick freeze. 

"T-That's not legal. I-I have to consent." Dick said.

"In a normal situation, yes, you'd have to. But in the case of the safety of the minor, no, you don't have to." Slade smirked, glee sparkling in his eye.

Another folder, this time, full of pictures of an injured Richard Grayson. 

"The court has found Bruce Wayne a negligent, abusive parent at best. In this case, the endangerment of a minor takes precedence over consent." Slade explained.

"No, there's laws in place! You can't just make things up. You can't abuse the system!" Dick fought the need to pick a fight with Slade at the moment. He needed answers more than a fight. 

"Of course there is. But remember, Richard, a child's safety comes first." Slade said, his voice taking a dark dip. 

Dick didn't know what to do. 

What he could do. 

"I quite like the sound of Richard Wilson, don't you?" Slade knew he won. 

~~~~~~~~

Slade is so manipulative! 

AHHHHH! 

~Raven