The Jaded Necklace

I messed around again.

WARNING: Dark!Nightwing, Bad Language (Not from Jason!)[I know, a surprise!], Character Death, Murder  

"Cheshire. What are you doing?" Red Arrow asked, bow and arrow pointed at a Cheshire, who was currently breaking into the museum.  

"Listen, Reddie. I know this isn't my usual M.O., but I really need something in there. And in the long run, it will help you and your little hero friends." Jade said.

"How so? And what is it?" Roy demanded to know.

"It's called the Jaded Necklace. I was hired to steal it, so that the one who hired me can destroy it. This necklace, whoever it is put on, becomes evil." Cheshire said.

"How do I know you aren't lying?" Roy asked, not letting the bow and arrow down.

"Roy, I need to steal this. I've seen it in work. And some bad men have found out how to use it. Roy, please. Help me." Jade said, completely serious. 

 But her eyes held something else.

Roy recognized it immediately.

Fear.

Whoever knew about this necklace was a serious threat if Jade was fearful.

"Let's get it." Roy said.

Then all hell broke loose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An alarm in the museum sounded.

They both looked at each other before running to the case that held the Jaded Necklace. 

It was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recognized: Red Arrow B-06, Guest Authorized B-06. 

Red Arrow and Cheshire stepped out of the Zeta-Tubes into the main room of the Watch Tower.

"We have an emergency." Roy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, this Jaded Necklace turns anyone evil?" Kid Flash, Wally, asked.

"Yes." Jade and Roy answered together.

"And we're just supposed to trust her?" Vixen snarled, looking at Jade.

"Listen, I know I'm not always on the right side of the law, but you have to trust me on this. The Justice League has many powerful people that I wouldn't want to see go dark." Cheshire said.

"She's got a point." Flash, Barry Allen, said.

"Been there, done that. Wouldn't like to repeat." Artemis said.

"Agreed." Wally nodded.

"One Savage-controlled Justice League was one enough." Rocket said.

Many of the Justice League agreed.

"Are we sure we can trust her?" Superman whispered to Batman.

"If there is a threat, we have to. But if I find one discrepancy, Cheshire..." Batman trailed off, letting her fill in the blanks.

"Why would I lie about a threat like this?" Cheshire questioned fiercely. 

To busy us. Tell me, why would you lie about this?" Question questioned.

"I have no reason to. I'm being honest here. Look at that necklace. Just know that if put on the right person, the whole world will be gone." Jade said.

"I think I've helped enough. I'm gone." Jade walked to the Zeta Tubes.

Recognized: Authorized Guest B-06