Shanon

WARNING: Baby Abandonment, Adoption, Crying 

A sudden noise stopped the boys on their patrol. 

"What was that?" Jason asked, hand falling to his holstered gun.

"Shhhh!" Both Tim and Damian shushed him.

Dick quickly swung into the alley.

When he reemerged, he was carrying a bundle.

"Is that what I think it is?" Jason asked.

"It's not an it! The baby is a girl!" Dick frowned.

"You looked?!" Tim looked disgusted. 

"No! It's wearing pink!" Richard unfolded the blanket a bit, revealing a pink onesie.

"Oh." Tim blushed.

"What are you going to do with her?" Jason asked.

"I'm going to take care of her!" Richard smiled.

"Grayson, do you even know how to take care of a baby?" Damian asked.

"I took care of you, how much harder could it be?" Dick smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Richard, give the child to the Police." Bruce said, holding his arm out to Jim Gordon, Bullock, and a CPS woman. 

"No!" Dick yelled, despite being covered in vomit.

"Master Richard! A baby isn't like a plant or pet! Please hand the baby over!" Alfred said.

"No, Shanon is mine!" Dick held her tightly.

"Dick! You found her on the street! She wasn't yours to begin with!" Steph frowned.

"I found her on the street, I've taken care of her for the past three days, and no one has claimed her! She's mine!" Richard was crying.

"Dickie...She's have good family. Call." Cass said, but they all knew what she meant.

'Dickie. She's going to have a good home. You can always call her too.'

"Promise me you'll call me every week about her progress. And if she has a loving family!" Dick looked at Bullock, Gordon, and the CPS woman in the eyes.

"Dick, she's going to go to a great family. I'll make sure of it. And I'll keep tabs on her." Gordon promised him.

Richard nodded before placing Shanon in the baby basket he got her.

"It wasn't your fault your parents left you. I'm sure they loved you. There were just complications. It was not and will never be your fault. You're going to be a great star someday, Shanon. And your adopted parents will love you as much as me. No, they'll love you even more. Don't you EVER forget that. You're loved, Shanon." Dick kissed the top of her head before picking the basket up and giving her to Gordon. 

"Make sure she gets a good home." Richard said, not caring that tears were falling down his cheeks. 

"We will." The CPS lady nodded to him, tears in her own eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How's Shanon doing?" Richard asked Jim at a Gala.

"Shanon has a new home with loving parents, a bigger brother, and a guard dog." Gordon smiled.

Richard smiled brightly.

Shanon would be okay. 

Everyone is loved. No. Matter. What. 

Remember that.