Birthday Party (BPD Style)

I OWN NOTHING!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Glad everyone has made it." Chief Addad said as he looked around the room.

"You called the meeting. And not everyone is here. Where is Rookie?" Officer Shalt asked. 

"I asked him not to come. Also, this meeting is about him. His birthday is coming up. And we have a list of friends and family to invite to a party we will hold for him." Addad said. 

"So...we're holding a surprise party for Rookie. But we have to invite all his friends. Why did you call the whole department for this? Why couldn't just one person do this?" Ylang asked. 

"Rohrbach, pull out the friend and family list." Addad said.

Amy pulled out a thick piece of paper which she unfolded into a VERY long list that went to the floor. 

"Uhhhh...that's a long list." Shalt said. 

"How does he have such a long list?" Wrang asked. 

"Social butterfly." was all Malkore said. 

"Let's get to calling everyone up." Addad said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my gosh, he has so many contacts." the officers sat down on the chair. 

"We have to plan the decorations too." Amy reminded everyone. 

Everyone groaned. 

"I never realized how hard it is to plan a party." Malkore said. 

Ylang laughed, "You never do until you are in the middle. But trust me, it will be worth it in the end." 

"Now, how should we do this?" asked Wrang. 

"Well..." Addad rolled out a few pieces of paper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow." Shalt whistled as he saw the last of the people from Grayson's list come in for the surprise party. 

"His friends are...interesting." Ylang said with wide eyes, watching a few tall, dark men walk by. (Midnighter and Tiger!) 

"You can say that again." Malkore said, watching Starfire jump high in the air. (She flew for a tad bit, forgetting that she shouldn't.)  

"I must thank you for doing this for my son." Another tall, dark man said, coming up to the group of cops.

"Oh! Hello, you must be Rookie's-I mean Richard Grayson's adopted father." Addad shook his hand.

The man laughed, "Yes, I am Bruce Wayne." Bruce flashed them a charming smile. 

 "Wait, Bruce Wayne as in Wayne from Gotham? Like, Wayne Enterprises?" Lolli asked.

"That's me." Bruce smiled.

"How is Rookie your son? You don't have the same last name." Lolli said.

"He's one of my adopted children." Bruce said.

"One?" Malkore picked up on.

"Yes, he's my oldest son. I have three other sons and two daughters." Bruce nodded.

Wrang whistled, "That's a lot of children."

Bruce laughed a deep laugh, "You have no idea."

"Seriously though, how does he have so many people?" Shnall asked.

"Again, social butterfly. Besides, it's Grayson, do you really expect any less from him?" Ylang asked.

Bruce laughed loudly again, "Dick was always very friendly. Trust me on this one, he has always been the one to get friends, no matter how their personalities are."

No one disagreed, after all, it was Grayson. 

"Everyone, shush! Chief is coming in with Grayson!" Amy smiled. 

Everyone immediately was quiet.

The lights were out and everyone was hiding. 

"So, I noticed that in the Shrafta case, there were a few cuts on each of his victims. I was turning the picture around until I found that they are a pattern on its side. Each victim has it too!" Dick's voice travelled to the room. 

"Interesting. Well, I have a few more pictures I found. Somehow they got mixed up in another case." Addad said. 

"That's unusual." Dick said as Addad walked in and scooted to the other side of the light switched.

Addad flicked on the light and turned to Dick. 

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled and popped up from their hiding spots. 

Richard didn't even bat an eye, he just smirked. 

"Awwwweee! We didn't even make him flinch! This don't count unless we actually surprise him!" Wally wined. 

"I grew up in Gotham and live in Bludhaven. Not much gets me, Walls." Dick smirked. 

"Not fair!" Artemis smirked.

"I appreciate this though! It's great to see everyone together! It's so rare to see everyone together." Richard smiled sadly. 

"Yeah, yeah, stop getting so sappy!" Jason said, popping open his soda can. 

"So, this is where you work?" Black Canary asked.

"Yep! This is Chief Addad, my partner, Amy Rohrbach, then we have officers Shalt, Ylang, Shnall, and Wrang. And these two are detectives Malkore and Lolli." Dick introduced everyone to his colleges. 

"Guys, this is my family; my pseudo-grandfather, Alfred, my adopted dad, Bruce Wayne, my two adopted sisters, Cass and Steph, and my adopted brothers, Jason, Tim, and Damian." Richard pointed to each one as he introduced them. 

"Now, these are my friends! This is Kori Sanders, Dinah Lance, Diana Prince, Hal Jordan-" Richard tried to start. 

"YOU HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS! WE KNOW! WE CALLED THEM ALL!" The police department yelled, immediately stopping him from naming all 300+ guests. 

"Oh yeah! I forgot!" Dick laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Oh! I must thank you for holding this gathering for my Dick!" Starfire smiled widely and hugged all of the police force in one hug. 

Shalt choked back a laugh. 

"You're pretty lucky to have a work force like that, fly boy." Lois said.

"Don't be dissing your bosses!" Richard scowled. 

"Easy for you to say." Vixen muttered. 

"Not so much. The first police chief I had for a boss tried to kill me." Dick said.

"Should we be concerned?" Conner Kent asked. 

"Nah! These guys are good and not corrupt!" Dick said, "They're fun!"

"Says the insane driver." Amy said. 

"Wait. You let him drive?!" All of Dick's friends yelled. 

"Well, not anymore! He almost killed us!" Amy frowned. 

"The car will fly. I know it." Richard said. 

"You already accomplished that one." Roy and Amy said at the same time. 

"He also made a semi-truck fly!" Jason smirked insanely. 

"He's made several building fly too." Midnighter muttered. 

"Those were accidents!" Richard blushed. 

"Suuuuuuuure, they were." Steph smirked. 

"I hate you guys." Dick said. 

"We love you too!" Most of them yelled at him. 

"Best idea ever." Ylang whispered to Amy. 

"Are you sure though?" Shalt asked. 

"Yep. Get the popcorn." Addad demanded. 

The popcorn was got.

And promptly eaten. 

A/N: It didn't come out as expected, but I'm cool with it.