Watchtower Adventures

Sum: It's a news crew in the Watchtower for a month. (This is like my thing, I guess?)

Chapter 1: Welcome!

"Finally, for tonight, we have a special surprise. Well, we announced the project a week ago, but it's going online tonight. We sent a crew to the Watchtower, headquarters of the Justice League, to be up in space for a month. Tonight, we start streaming!" the new reporter smiled.

"Are we ready?" the news reporter asked.

A 'Yes!' was heard from off the screen.

"Okay, and we are switching to our live feed in 3...2...1...Now!" the screen switched from the news room to a view of the main room of the Watchtower.

"We are online!" a woman smiled.

"Hello! I'm Christie Pennworth and my camera man is Stewart Mavoke. (Mah-v-ah-ck) We are live streaming from the mainroom of the Watchtower!" Christie gestured to her surroundings.

Several heroes were on computers, looking stuff up, some heroes were standing and talking, and a few were making plans.

"Now, Stewart is totally geeking out right now because we're going to be here for a month, mingling with everyone." Christie said.

"We have been given an almost all-access pass around this place. Of course, we're not allowed in the weapons room, really, any very important rooms." Christie said.

"How about we go talk to someone?" Christie asked.

The camera nodded as Stewart nodded.

"Who first?" Christie asked.

"Uhmmm... oh! Supergirl!" Stewart smiled.

"Okay! One Supergirl coming right up!" Christie smiled.

They walked up to a Supergirl who was carrying a cup.

"Supergirl!" Christie smiled as she walked up to her.

"Hello! You must be Christie and...Stewart, was it?" Supergirl asked, smiling.

"Hey! You got it right! We just wanted to ask you a few questions." Christie said.

"Cool! Do you want to go sit somewhere less noisy?" Supergirl asked.

"You lead!" Christie gestured.

Supergirl laughed, "Come on! The library is this way. It's definitely quieter than here!"

They followed Supergirl through the halls until they came to a door that had a single plaque on it that said, 'Library'.

All of them walked into the spacious library.

There were tables, chairs, couches, and bean bags littered all around the shelves of books.

There were even ladders all around, for the heroes that couldn't fly.

Stewart whistled as he saw the tall shelves.

Supergirl laughed quietly, "Yeah, it's pretty big."

"Come on, over here is a good spot!" Supergirl smiled, leading them to a corner of the library.

They all sat in mushroom chairs.

"What do you want to ask?" Supergirl smiled.

"Okay...where to start? Okay, let's start with you!" Christie decided.

Supergirl nodded.

"How did you become a hero?" Christie asked.

"Well, I've had my powers my whole life. One day I saw my cousin, Superman, helping people on the TV. That's when I decided that I wanted to help other people. But, it's harder than it looks." Supergirl blushed, "I made a few mistakes. It's a learning curve when you start out. But I just tried my best!" Supergirl beamed.

"So, you're from Krypton. Do you remember anything about it?" Christie asked.

"Well, a little. Not too much. We all had powers, so I'd be normal on Krypton. But we had a more...advanced society then Earth's. We had ships, but they were small, like your cars. We also had pets. But a few of the wealthier families had robots that helped them out. We also figured out AI and how to preserve someone's memories in the AI's. Really, our society is a bit similar. We had criminals and a law system and all. Our science was more advanced, along with our technology. But we had stores and farms, just like Earth. It's very similar." Supergirl said.

"How did you get here?" Christie asked.

"My parents sent me on a ship. I landed here." Supergirl said.

"Anything you want to tell the audience?" Christie asked.

"Just try your best. Just because you fail doesn't mean that you should give up. If we gave up when we failed, there would be no electricity or better irrigation or new fabrics or advances in science and technology. So, always try your best! And don't give up!" Supergirl smiled, looking at the camera directly.

"Great! Thank you for your time, Supergirl!" Christie smiled.

"No problem! Come talk whenever you want! And if you need help or want to know something, don't be afraid to ask!" Supergirl said.

"We will. Thank you again!" Christie smiled.

Christie and Stewart got up and started walking to the main room.

Well, they were until they got lost.

"Excuse me!" Christie stopped a beautiful woman in orange.

"Yes?" the hero asked.

"We're lost. We're trying to find the main room." Christie said.

The lady shook her head and started walking, "I swear, they need to start handing out maps."

Christie laughed, "It would be helpful."

"I'm Vixen. You would be?" 'Vixen' asked.

"Oh! I'm Christie and this is Stewart. We're going to be filming here for a month." Christie said.

"A month? What did you do to get put up here for a month?" Vixen asked.

"I volunteered." Christie said.

"Me too!" Stewart put in there.

"You might just be crazy, wanting to hang around this place. It's full of heroes. You're going to be driven up the wall soon with some of them." Vixen said.

"You don't like the other heroes?" Christie asked.

"I do. Some of them. Others are a bit...less than what you'd expect a hero to be." Vixen said.

"Well, either way, we know what we're getting into." Christie said, confidently.

"You really don't." Vixen said.

"What do you mean?" Christie asked.

"You're going to see injured heroes and people. You'll see some disturbing things too. Just know that if you ever need to take a break, you can always walk out the door." Vixen said.

"We can't leave the Watchtower. Not without someone else keying us out." Christie said.

"No, I meant that literally. If someone brings a body in, you can always go to the Cafeteria. Everyone knows that the Cafeteria is a safe place. There's strict rules there." Vixen said.

"The Library is a safe place too. And the Garden." Vixen told them.

"Well, here we are! Good luck not getting lost again!" Vixen smiled and left them at the door of the main room.

Christie and Stewart walked back into the main room.  

You like it so far?