• Review by lazy-dreamer: Safe (gxg)

Reviewed by lazy-dreamer

_________________________

Book: Safe (gxg)

Author: thenameisfoureyes

Category: Teen Fiction, Romance

_________________________

Reading thenameisfoureyes's book, Safe, is like watching a movie. I say (well write) this, because her descriptive skills are absolutely extraordinary. The words explode into images in the reader's head, and even breaks beyond the dimensions of a movie, allowing the reader to feel like they are there.

Taking the first chapter as an example, with the flashback, we feel like we're drenched in water, shivering as Lex speaks and we slightly warmed by Cassie's compassion. We're also reluctant to trust Uncle David, especially with the attitude Lex carries. It's thoughts like these that thenameisfoureyes constantly evokes without interrupting the plot. Her writing style is truly polished and mastered.

At this stage, I should mention the synopsis (written in the chapter before chapter one and the description box) – is absolutely perfect. It hooks in the reader extremely well, and we're eager to read the story.

The infusion of dialogue is entertaining yet advances the plot, so that is most definitely a bonus to the already amazing writing style. I also love how thenameisfoureyes handles the LGBT dynamic. The portrayal is realistic, especially with reactions and how some of the girls have handled the situation. This also goes for high school relationships in the book, which is also a plus.

The things that separate thenameisfoureyes's book from other cliché high school novels is a moody backstory, a 'not what it seems' atmosphere, dimensional characters, entertaining dialogue, an aspect of realism, its integration of the LGBT dynamic, an anonymous security guard that seems to know everything and a wonderful writing style. Her story is simply so beautifully complex, and believable with the right amount of fiction.

An area of improvement could be grammar – but this is easy to fix, as her mistakes are mainly changing of tense, spelling, conjugation and punctuation. So, do not hesitate to contact me if you'd like to fix these tiny errors.

_________________________

Reviewer's personal message to: thenameisfoureyes

I really hope you update your story when you have the time because I'm up to Chapter 9 and it's self-explanatory. That's the chapter that you last updated. Anyways, really love the story because it's just so interesting!

Also, I think the cover really suits your story, but I still recommend getting a cover-maker so they can create a cover that'll get you noticed. I only say this because if you look at what's trending in the romance section, some of the novels have super good covers. You really deserve to be on the romance hot list and I can share you some tips for getting on it (I've been on the Short Story and Humor hot list) and I know romance is a super-competitive category, but I'll try to help anyway!

As for grammar, as I mentioned before, I'm an editor, so feel free to message me!

As a member of Aratsgroup, I will definitely promote your story on my account and other Aratsgroup members will also help.

Thank you for being a part of this amazing Wattpad group and I hope I wasn't too harsh and actually helped!

Also, I love your reviews, and when I actually start writing books again, I'll definitely ask you to review my book!

Kind Regards,

lazy-dreamer