77 Father and Daughter

Part 77 Father and Daughter

Vikram was lying on the floor, thinking, nothing but only about his daughter and son-in-law. A policeman tapped his cell's bar with a lathi. Vikram sat on the floor, looking at him.

"Come on... someone is here to meet you."

"I don't want to meet anyone..." he said with disinterest.

"Are you sure?"

Without answering him, Vikram again did lie down on the floor.

"Ok... I will tell ASR that you are not interested to meet him." the policeman said.

Vikram jumped like a ball and stood.

"Who? Who is here to meet me?" He asked unbelievably.

"ASR, the famous business tycoon... Don't know why he wants to meet you." the policeman was about to leave,

"Sir... please, take me to him..."

"That's it... who denies meeting a rich man?" The policeman opened the lock-up while taunting him.

Vikram followed him. He was surprised, seeing Arnav waiting for him in the inquiry room. Usually, only policemen use the room.

"Namaste, Damadji." Vikram greeted him joining his hands.

"Why did you do this?" Arnav asked him straight.

"What are you talking about, Damadji?"

"Why did you kill Tiwari?"

Vikram was silent. He bowed down not want to look at him.

"Shall I say, why did you kill him?" Arnav asked and Vikram looked at him bewildered.

"You were following Khushi to our farmhouse. There, you saw a man tried to kill us. You followed the man to his place to finish his story. Maybe, you would have hidden in his car dickey. (Vikram faced a tough time to hide his surprised expression.) You got to know from him that he was hired by Arun Tiwari to kill us. After killing him, you handed the jewellery set to me for Khushi. Then, creating a pickpocket drama, you came to the jail to kill Tiwari who was the mastermind of the attack." Arnav finished.

"I'm so proud to have such a brilliant Damad." He praised him openly.

Arnav looked at him.

"Yes, I killed him because I don't want him to live on the earth... "

"Who are you to decide it?" Arnav asked him barely.

"Who was he to kill you and my daughter?" he asked furiously.

"You could have handed the culprit to the police. They would have taken care of Tiwari."

"I don't know whether he sent only one man or more. I can't take risks in my daughter's life. She should be happy... with her husband... with her children... the story will come to an end only if I kill the main culprit."

"Why did you spoil your life?"

"What I'm going to do living useless? See, now my life got a meaning... I will die with satisfaction of saving my daughter's life in which I had failed once." His throat choked.

Arnav felt bad for him. To prove himself, a father had taken the biggest step no one could imagine.

"Please help me if you can... tell my daughter... I will be waiting for her forgiveness till my last breath..."

"You no need to wait for long... she is here..." Arnav said extending his hand towards the room entrance.

Vikram looked in the direction and saw Khushi standing, spilling tears. She approached Vikram, taking slow steps. Vikram couldn't believe his own eyes that what he witnessing is true. Khushi came close to him. In no time, Vikram kneeled in front of her tried to touch her feet. Arnav was shocked to the core seeing that. But Khushi also kneeled and stopped him.